Retrofitting Adaptive Cruise Control to 8V RS3

Hal Adams

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I am now planning to keep this car until its four year warranty expires in May 2020. In which case I shall, if possible, fit ACC.

This is meant to be a simple procedure providing the car is fitted with the right instrument cluster and CAN gateway. (Kufatec tell me this anyway... apparantly it is wiring in the radar and some reprogramming...)

Kufatec want to know, from diagnostics, what the part numbers are for these items as fitted to the car from diagnostics and not the parts catalogue. My VCDS know-how is pretty basic, so can anyone help me locate where I can find the CAN gateway part number please? I might be ok with the instrument cluster, but this too would help!

Thanks

I am now planning to keep this car until its four year warranty expires in May 2020. In which case I shall, if possible, fit ACC.

This is meant to be a simple procedure providing the car is fitted with the right instrument cluster and CAN gateway. (Kufatec tell me this anyway... apparantly it is wiring in the radar and some reprogramming...)

Kufatec want to know, from diagnostics, what the part numbers are for these items as fitted to the car from diagnostics and not the parts catalogue. My VCDS know-how is pretty basic, so can anyone help me locate where I can find the CAN gateway part number please? I might be ok with the instrument cluster, but this too would help!

Thanks

Go into VCDS select 19 can Gateway

You’ll see something like this

Part number SW version etc
4d2006088e18b0b799dab622c5a17097.jpg

Thanks - that's great!
So, to be sure, under the 'Controller info' the part number of the gateway that Kafutec are looking for is the VAG number (in my case it is 5Q0 907 530) and the 'Component' (in my case GW MQB High 128 1244)?

As for the instrument cluster - might this be under 17 - instruments? Again is the VAG number what they are looking for? I cannot see anything that is 'Instrument Cluster'

Project idea now cancelled!

I suggest that anyone wishing to do this and stumbles across this thread, read very carefully in between the lines of the kits being sold as aftermarket fitments and promising to do the job. Dig into the internet and the few people who have taken this on have ended with severe headaches!

Was this on PFL or facelift? I have recently experienced ACC and love it and would like it in my PFL RS3