Retrofit xenon headlight

Stu.Audi

Reaction score
Was wonder what do I need to complete it ?.
Pair lamp
2 ballast
2 plug plug in between haleon plug to xenon
Have anyone done it
Cheers

I just did it 2 weeks ago. The most difficult part is to run the 2 high beam wires from engine bay inside the car. You will need complete set of OEM headlights (incl. ballasts), Kufatec adapters and VAGCOM coding to finish the install...

Done it in old B7 and doing it sunday in my new one.

Need complete headlamps, ballasts etc
Kufatec looms
And maybe a another central convience module

And access to vagcom for them to be programmed with DRL

I just did it 2 weeks ago. The most difficult part is to run the 2 high beam wires from engine bay inside the car. You will need complete set of OEM headlights (incl. ballasts), Kufatec adapters and VAGCOM coding to finish the install...

Im guessing you have a manual as the autos are easy to do. Were did you run the 2 wires thru into the cab?

As far as I'm aware there is no difference between having a manual or auto when it comes to this retrofit... The ideal way to run the wires is via the left wheel well (passenger side in the UK or driver side in Europe/US) grommet which has a number of blank holes to run these wires through. I however run it through a small grommet in the right hand side (drivers side in the UK) wheel well which exits just below the convenience module as my car is RHD. Just follow these two guides and you can't go wrong:

Halogen to Xenon Conversion for B7 Audi A4s (2005.5-2008) — Nick's Car Blog
DIY: Halogen to Bi-Xenon - Kufatec Interface

There is when you are routing the wires, on the autos you can run the wires thru the grommet that the manuals use for the clutch fluid, located between ecu and brake servo. Easiest way as it comes out right on top of the pedals. On manuals im not sure about however but I will do a guide when I do my retrofit this weekend.

Audi A4 S4 8E B7 Xenon headlights adapter cable, suitable for Bi-Xenon | eBay

I'm waiting my headlights and i will do it aswell ! I got pair OEM headlights and the staff from link above. In Bulgarian Audi forum there is a fella who re-done the wires in the original connectors so he doesn't need to run the wires inside ... I think the easiest way is plug and play adaptor....
I will be realy happy if someone has some photos ....
Will be helpfull for all members !
Cheers

So that 2 yellow wiring need to plug inside the car that it ?? Then vagcom to enable

You might be right, but I couldn't find the grommet you're talking about so I just run those wires through the only grommet I could find in the drivers' side wheel well.

So that 2 yellow wiring need to plug inside the car that it ?? Then vagcom to enable

Thats right, they push into a plug that goes into the CCM behind the fuse box. The guide above will show you which ports to push the pins into, if i remember its 22 and 23

Basically yes. Those two wires only make the high beam work. You need to vagcom to make those xenons work properly as mine wouldn't work at all until I did the coding. Or they kind of worked but very strangely, like only one side would work when tested first and then they stopped working all together until I coded two days later...