Retrofit USB interface to my S3

mephisto

Reaction score
Hi just become a proud owner of a 2009 S3 so happy :)

Now im a bit late here, trawled through lots of tedious posts about 2gb/4gb transcend SD cards ridiculous! How do i retrofit an iphone or preferably USB interface so i can just plug in a USB stick or drive into my head unit (Satnav RNS-E i believe) Rather of course use a proper Audi interface cable.

Thanks and sorry if its been asked 50million times.

TBH you have a few routes, but problem is you wont get any track/artist/album info on the head unit for iphone with current setup, the only addon is a dension that would give you possibly that info in the DIS of cluster & any usb interface wouldnt display much info about what you're playing either.

You may want to consider an upgrade of your rns-e to the latest version that can handle 32gb sdhc cards, so 64gb in total available to use in the 2 sd slots, also you can add the AMI unit, albeit at a cost, but that would give you the proper iphone/ipod interactivity control for the music.

Hmm yes was eyeing up the rns-e new versions on ebay, how much could i get for my old unit?

Not seen the AMI units available anywhere how much and where can i get them for S3?

Thanks.

Send me a PM mate as I supply/fit all these systems & we can discuss prices.