Retrofit sportback chrome roof rails

Ady786

Reaction score
Hi i was looking for someone who can retrofit roof rails for me to my 2007 a3 sportback i have the roof rails just need someone who can fit them for me

Subject to location, we could fit them, please send a pm for more information.

I dnt mind giveing it a go but dont wanna put them on bent or in wrong place unless i can get Some sort of template to drill yhe holes

If you send me your email, I'll send you the fitting pdf.
It's not a particularly difficult job, just time consuming and a little scary drilling the first hole!

Make your own template. Use thin cardboard, draw round the rails, punch holes through card into fixing holes and there you have it. You can then experiment positioning the cardboard templates on the roof fixing with masking tape. Not a job to be rushed though. I would have thought there will be some rubber gaskets supplied as well. I would also use some black silicone thinly spread both sides of the gasket when finally screwed on.

As far as i am aware you don't need a template as the holes are marked already under the roof skin , you should see them when you drop the lining down .

They're not marked as such but you can see where the fixings sit in place. Just make sure you drill straight up through one of them and then mark out from above using masking tape

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

Reactions: SootySport and MICHAEL PARKER
They're not marked as such but you can see where the fixings sit in place. Just make sure you drill straight up through one of them and then mark out from above using masking tape

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk
That sounds about right buddy .

Gonna give it a go when i get some time off work