SQ5 Retrofit Reversing Camera

elrao

Reaction score
Picking up an SQ5 in the week, I'm pretty sure it's one of the first MY15 models (it's June 2014, but has no space saver and the chrome strips on the door handles).

Good spec, everything I'd order (and some I wouldn't), apart from the reversing camera or "Audi Parking System Plus" as its called on the spec sheet.

I'm keen to retrofit the oem camera and I've seen kits on Kufatec etc, with the cheapest being from a Polish site. None of these sites have the installation instructions available online (that I could find). My guess is that it's

1. Replace the handle on boot
2. Mount the controller in the boot
3. Run cable from handle to controller
4. Run cable from controller to... Mmi unit?
5. Enabled with VCDS

I've done various retrofits on other Audis and have a Hex-Net unit to code, but would be good to here from anyone who has done it how difficult it is to run the cables?

I did wonder if the controller is needed if you have the rear parking sensors, or does it replace the old controller? There has to already be cables from the rear bumper to the Mmi for the sensors.

Yes it can be done, I fitted mine to a 2015 A4, was pretty easy however I have previous knowledge of retrofits of this complexity and the equipment needed to carry out the retrofit.

If you aren't sure then contact @Ash187 who can fit it for you if you're near to his location.

img_9106-jpg.90422

img_9103-jpg.90421

img_9107-jpg.90423

I know it can be done, like I said I've also some experience of retrofits, and pretty much every tool I can imagine you'd need. I've usually been able to find a good "how to" guide showing you what needs doing, makes it a lot easier than trying to just figure it out!

Is the Q5 set up the same/similar to the A4?

Yes similar as they use the same multimedia system, there is a slight change in controller however.

It is pretty easy to do, the longest bit is the removal of trim parts and building everything up again.

Do you have Elsawin? Wiring diagrams in there will provide all information.

Unfortunately not a recent version that covers this car, must be 5+ years old.