Retrofit Reverse Camera

Audidave69 where are all the connections points for the additional wiring for rear view camera on the A5 ?

Audidave69 where are all the connections points for the additional wiring for rear view camera on the A5 ?

The original camera has a single pin fakra cable that runs from rear camera to MMI unit.
The factory rear camera unit (j772) has an additional 8 pin connector with 4 wires
Pin 1 power
Pin 5 negative
Pin 4 can high
Pin 8 can low
Power is fed from rear fuse box in LHS boot pocket
Can is from control unit (j533) under rear bench seat pins 12 and 30
You would then need to add the camera unit to the car’s gateway.

Reactions: aqibi2000
So if I buy the kufatec kit with they wiring loom, it’s the bench sit out for CAN wiring to control unit (j533) , Fakra lead ran from rear camera to MMI unit behind glove box ? Then what about the rear camera unit where’s that place within the car ?
It doesn’t make it clear on kufatec website of all the components supplied with the kit

Yes that’s pretty much it, and if you buy the kufatec kit you’ll get the coding dongle too.
If the kit is from them each wire will have a tiny wiring number to where it connects,.
My reverse camera was factory fitted so I’ve not done this one but as Andy says I’m on with removing this and fitting the 360 cameras so i can have a closer look then if you like.
Rear cam is integrated into the rear boot handle.

these are the bits of kit you get plus a dongle to do the coding. instruction are coded so unable download to post them.

Attachments

• wiring.jpeg.jpg
    wiring.jpeg.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 574
  • wiring1.jpeg.jpg
    wiring1.jpeg.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 541
  • wiring2.jpeg.jpg
    wiring2.jpeg.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 607
So do you still have a different rear view camera for 360 then?

Yes, the 360 camera for the rear is different, it has a 4 pin FAKRA instead of single and wired to the camera control unit in the LHS of the boot rather than to the MMI.

Reactions: rasA4
You may be able to pick the can high/low up from a nearer source but I think under the rear bench seat is it’s oficial connection point for rear camera.
I have can wires in the left boot pocket that are factory fitted ready for towbar bar, I have used this for my Towbar but not sure if they can be used for camera even when they go back to the same control unit under rear bench seat connecting to diferent pins though.
I would be interested to know where kufatec say you should connect to.

Last edited:
You may be able to pick the can high/low up from a nearer source but I think under the rear bench seat is it’s oficial connection point for rear camera.
I have can wires in the left boot pocket that are factory fitted ready for towbar bar, I have used this for my Towbar but not sure if they can be used for camera even when they go back to the same control unit under rear bench seat connecting to diferent pins though.
I would be interested to know where kufatec say you should connect to.
They say under bench seat, nothing about side connections.

so the kit has sat in the box since mid January and I confess I just cant bring myself to pull the car apart. Paying someone to fit it Thursday not quite the plan I had but I get the camera fitted. Will go and hide somewhere till its all over and cars put back together. Thank you for help and advise.

Garry can you get the guy who's fitting it for you to take some picture's of the install please mate

Sorry to hijack this one but I've posted in the retrofits section... I've got a 2017 A4 2.0 TDi and planning to do the rear view camera, I've read that the wiring differs depending on petrol/diesel... just wondering if it'll be similar to the A5 and if anyone has any wiring instructions they can share?

I've ordered a genuine OEM rear view camera from ebay and the Kufatec wiring loom, but struggling to find any wiring guides.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Sorry to hijack this one but I've posted in the retrofits section... I've got a 2017 A4 2.0 TDi and planning to do the rear view camera, I've read that the wiring differs depending on petrol/diesel... just wondering if it'll be similar to the A5 and if anyone has any wiring instructions they can share?

I've ordered a genuine OEM rear view camera from ebay and the Kufatec wiring loom, but struggling to find any wiring guides.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Is it a plug in to mmi or connection to cams high and low,
Mine was cams which are under the back seats then though to mmi and find right wires to connect to.

Is it a plug in to mmi or connection to cams high and low,
Mine was cams which are under the back seats then though to mmi and find right wires to connect to.
Thanks for the reply. I believe it's the connections to cams high and low then a plug into the back of the mmi in the glove box. I have attached what I've ordered, but I'm starting to think the camera might be incorrect as the kufatec one has an integrated lead with connections?

I'm going to get my rear seat out tomorrow and see if the connections are under there... it just concerned me that someone said the petrol and diesel have controllers in different places.

I may just have to return the bits I have already and order the full kit from Kufatec, but I've also heard their instructions aren't exactly straight forward...

Cheers
Screenshot 20190223 170046 eBay
Screenshot 20190223 174608 eBay

The instructions as pin position are correct not necessary the cable colour. I ended up paying for an auto electrician To fit it. Did job in less then 2 hours including putting car back together

The instructions as pin position are correct not necessary the cable colour. I ended up paying for an auto electrician To fit it. Did job in less then 2 hours including putting car back together
I've ended up paying for access to erwin and managed to download all the docs for my car so I'm now more confident on the wiring... now just trying to find the correct rear camera, you dont happen to know what the part number is for the A4 b9 saloon?

I've ended up paying for access to erwin and managed to download all the docs for my car so I'm now more confident on the wiring... now just trying to find the correct rear camera, you dont happen to know what the part number is for the A4 b9 saloon?

Sorry bought the whole kit off . kufatec web site.

@Mark Whitby - Here you go, PR-KA2 is the reversing camera, PR-KA6 is the 360 Environment Camera
A4 Saloon Camera

Reactions: Audidave69 and Mark Whitby
I have just finished installing my rear view camera, I made two adaptations to control module 5F and the camera is working fine, however I've now got 4 faults which I can't clear and it seems that the Reductant Control Module is not responding... any ideas?

I installed to Pins 12 and 30 in the module under the rear seat, strangely there were already connection in there which the colours match the wiring diagrams of the factory rear camera, I removed these and installed the new ones to the rear camera.

I'm thinking it could be a coding issue?
Screenshot 20190306 212441 OBDeleven
Screenshot 20190306 212500 OBDeleven
Screenshot 20190306 212525 OBDeleven
Screenshot 20190306 214119 OBDeleven

Hi you need to attach to these wires not remove, your need to put the pins back in then attach to these wire as they are cams high and low.

Reactions: Mark Whitby
Hi you need to attach to these wires not remove, your need to put the pins back in then attach to these wire as they are cams high and low.
Thanks, after ready the wiring diagrams again that makes sense now.

Is there not another junction box where all co section go to those PINs? Looking at the wiring diagram, theres multiple connections to these ...

Can I ask what adaptations changes did you make in 5f.
And as above yes you need to splice the wires you removed onto the wires you now added.

And as above yes you need to splice the wires you removed onto the wires you now added.
I paid for someone to fit it, its only as I was talking to him at the time that I saw the connections being made for the middle of the car.

These are the 5F Adaptations

Car function list BAP Gen2 -> VPS_0x0B
Change to Active

Car function list BAP Gen2 -> VPS_0x0B_msg_bus
Change to Terminal 15

Not to derail the thread…but thought I could this answered without making a new one but does anyone know if there’s a similar retrofit for keyless entry? This would be for a B9 S5 Sportback, got in December and I'm in love :D but my old 2016 Merc had some nice quality of life "toys", only 1 I really miss is the not having to dig in my pockets for my keys.

Cheers!

wouldn't mind this kit myself, looks like you need to run wires from all doors and you need to make sure you have BCM2 in the rear left boot pocket.

Cheers mate - any idea how easy it is to fit? Could always buy one and see if there's anyone in Glasgow that can fit it.
Supply and fit would be twice the price at Hazzydayz however there are a few sponsors of AS that do this. I think @DJAlix does and cheaper..

Hi iv recently bought an Audi A5 2.0 ultra Tdi, rear end damage, the replacement tailgate has dynamic taillights and rear camera which I didn't have
I fitted the tailgate on today and used my original wiring loom through to fit it as it was cut off, and found out everything plugged it fine apart from the taillights, my taillights plugs are black and the original loom for the twilight are orange, they both have 6 pins but mine have 5 wires and other has 6 wires, also the 2 lugs on side of the plug are slightly different
I was thinking do I snap one of the lugs and plug it in and hope for the best lol ‍♂️ or do I need to get it wired and use the plug that came with the tailgate? Best advice please anyone?
I rate this forum as last time I was stuck on my A3 and this forum worked wonders for me it's been a while
Also the tailgate came with a camera too can I get that connected too?

Hello all, I’m currently installing a rear camera on my 2013 Audi A5, The instructions aren’t a 100% plus it’s German

just need the the location detail for the Cable in images

Attachments

• D421313A-B28D-4D43-B543-7A1C38B9B3A4.jpeg
    D421313A-B28D-4D43-B543-7A1C38B9B3A4.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 747
  • C3D75996-9472-4346-8DBD-C70EDA24BD03.jpeg
    C3D75996-9472-4346-8DBD-C70EDA24BD03.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 436
  • 132934D1-C3B7-4844-BE5B-9E1573F415D5.jpeg
    132934D1-C3B7-4844-BE5B-9E1573F415D5.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 450
1st Photo = Power to a switched live position with 7.5amp fuse.
2nd Photo = CAN High and Low, connect in junction box
3rd Photo = Video, need to go to the back of MMI unit

It’s for A5 and A4 by Kufatec but it’s pictures from a A4 but it’s different to my layout. Need some wiring diagrams really.

It’s for A5 and A4 by Kufatec but it’s pictures from a A4 but it’s different to my layout. Need some wiring diagrams really.
connections are the same.

Probe your chosen fuse box for a switched live and connect the power. CAN junction box / connector is next to front fuse box, use pin position 14 and splice cables if already populated. Video connections to block B on the quad lock, black / solid to pin 11 and clear to pin 5.

*note: there has been a lot of 3rd party video cables that have been made incorrectly from what I have been reading recently. If you get no picture then you need to swap pins 5 and 11.