Retrofit Reverse Camera

Jake Fowler

Reaction score
Hi there , can anyone recommend a place that can retro fit parking camera on the new a5 ... an option my car is currently missing

Reactions: mickwillow
Hi there , can anyone recommend a place that can retro fit parking camera on the new a5 ... an option my car is currently missing

Where are you located Jake?

If you’re in London, @DJAlix will be your guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@DJAlix is in north London or @NHN who travels Jake.

Reactions: Jake Fowler

I'd be interested in this too as mine was a ex demo car and now miss it after having it on my last coupe

Reactions: Jake Fowler
Based in Kent if anyone is able to price one up for me too, gutted mine doesn't have it

I am also based in the midlands. Did you manage to get this done in the end? Looking for some prices here to.

The Kufatec ad mentions coding required, is that done using the USB included in the kit, if so is it a simple operation?

The Kufatec dongles generally do all the coding for you, switch ignition on without engine running, plug in and let it do it's stuff.

It wasn't hard when I did it on the A7, the 360 camera I added to the s5 is a totally different job though....

You will need to remove the inside trim on the boot to get the camera in and then run some cables, mainly plug and play with the kits and usually all genuine parts other than wiring.

Generally you will be adding additional wiring to the existing loom and connectors.

Reactions: DaveM
What sort of cost are u looking at ? Pm if u want

Depends, I bought the kit from Kufatec but then ended up needing some extra cables as I didn't like how they said you should wire direct from the controller to the door mirror with no joins, as such you could not easily remove the mirror or door if needed. I think @Audidave69 already has the side mirrors so is looking to add the controller, swap the rear camera and add the front grille one.

I have missed my rear camera since having the b9, Would my folding door mirrors need to be changed or can they have the camera added to them?

I’ve just been measuring all the fakra cables tonight, €#€#$$% hell there expensive :sadlike:

I’ve just been measuring all the fakra cables tonight, €#€#$$% hell there expensive :sadlike:

Yeah, the new 4 wire ones are! Whats the price like on the cabling kit from Kufatec? You would then only need the two extra patch cables that I added if you want to be able to split the cable in the car to remove the door

I had a look but can’t find any info, but I’m sure you sent me a link.

86F92A1D 6A49 447B B3E9 688C746B0795

After reading this forum I have now ordered the kit from Kufatec, lets hope for a dry day next weekend to see IF I can get it fitted.

If I needed this fitted is there a kind of rough price out there yet?

After reading this forum I have now ordered the kit from Kufatec, lets hope for a dry day next weekend to see IF I can get it fitted.
Would be interested in any feedback and/or pics from your experience fitting the Kufatec camera. I helped fit one to my son’s Mazda, so hope it’s as straight forward. Good luck.

It’s still in the box, not had time to fit it yet. And looking for my brave pants to start taking my brand new car apart

Reactions: Audidave69
It’s still in the box, not had time to fit it yet. And looking for my brave pants to start taking my brand new car apart

Its fun taking new cars to bits, I have some great photos of my S5 with no bumpers on and a naked boot and back seat when we added the Side Assist and 360 Camera :)

Reactions: Audidave69
I think all my neighbours think I’m mad “why do you keep talking your new car apart” :)
4D146319 59C1 4F53 AB0F 20AD5495A9E3

Reactions: Kondax, Simonwhite2000 and Torchbearer115