Retrofit Rear View Camera to Audi A4 2017 B9

GenerationGav

12 and 30 is where they need to go. If you don’t have anything in those locations already then you don’t have anything in the car that uses extended CAN. You need to get yourself some connections pins, 009’s, terminate your wires and slot them in to the connector.
Thanks @DJAlix - that's exactly what I did and it's been working perfectly. Just at the time was confused as couldn't find a single other person with the same thing. Also shoving the wires without pins into the 12 and 30 holes on the plug works, but probably not advised!

DJAlix

VAG Car Coding™ Limited
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
VAG Can Professional
ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)
Thanks @DJAlix - that's exactly what I did and it's been working perfectly. Just at the time was confused as couldn't find a single other person with the same thing. Also shoving the wires without pins into the 12 and 30 holes on the plug works, but probably not advised!
For testing you would be able to make a temp connection that way but something like that would not last long due to vibrations etc.

Jamesr1976

Looking for some help please - I have the same J533 control module as you with more than one connector to it. I have connected the CAN wires to PIN 12 & 30 as advised. Outputs are connected behind the MMI. all coded and the control control unit shows up in OBD11.

But still no display on the screen?

any advice please?