Retrofit Rear View Camera to Audi A4 2017 B9

12 and 30 is where they need to go. If you don’t have anything in those locations already then you don’t have anything in the car that uses extended CAN. You need to get yourself some connections pins, 009’s, terminate your wires and slot them in to the connector.
Thanks @DJAlix - that's exactly what I did and it's been working perfectly. Just at the time was confused as couldn't find a single other person with the same thing. Also shoving the wires without pins into the 12 and 30 holes on the plug works, but probably not advised!

Reactions: DJAlix
Thanks @DJAlix - that's exactly what I did and it's been working perfectly. Just at the time was confused as couldn't find a single other person with the same thing. Also shoving the wires without pins into the 12 and 30 holes on the plug works, but probably not advised!
For testing you would be able to make a temp connection that way but something like that would not last long due to vibrations etc.

Looking for some help please - I have the same J533 control module as you with more than one connector to it. I have connected the CAN wires to PIN 12 & 30 as advised. Outputs are connected behind the MMI. all coded and the control control unit shows up in OBD11.

But still no display on the screen?

any advice please?

Having a bit of a struggle.
I am at the part of inserting the 12V wire in the fusebox slot 13 (left side luggage compartment). I need to remove the brown fuse holder. Anyone can tell me the best way to unlock this?

And I've also seen the backside of this fuse holder on a youtube video. There is some purple locking slide mechanism that you have to pull out first before inserting a new wire. Though, it looks like there is not anway space to ''grab'' the purple lock to pull it out. Anyway can provide tips to do it?

Having a bit of a struggle.
I am at the part of inserting the 12V wire in the fusebox slot 13 (left side luggage compartment). I need to remove the brown fuse holder. Anyone can tell me the best way to unlock this?

And I've also seen the backside of this fuse holder on a youtube video. There is some purple locking slide mechanism that you have to pull out first before inserting a new wire. Though, it looks like there is not anway space to ''grab'' the purple lock to pull it out. Anyway can provide tips to do it?
There’s a nut you need to remove, then it wiggles out and you can manipulate it to your liking and remove the purple lock thing.

Hi guys, I manage to complete the retrofit on a 2016 A4 estate but after all the coding, cleared all the errors and still remains one that cannot be removed, Gateway U112400: additional installation detected.
The camera works just fine, lines ok (including the one for the trailer), washing function ok.

Having this message too with OBD eleven.
Perhaps it has something to do with coding in 6C? Maybe someone have suggestions? According to https://munteanubogdan.com/english/retrofit-reversing-camera-audi-a4-b9/ , he also had this message.

My car doesn't have park assist (that is automatic parking right?), maybe that option is checked in 6C which causes the gateway to think there is something else installed that needs to be added in the installation list? I will try it out soon but maybe someone else knows the possible explanation.

The documents I sent you are what you'll find on Erwin and describe how to remove the trim, handle, glovebox etc. If you follow that you should be good.
I'm about to start this retrofit project and have followed this helpful thread. Would be very appreciated if you could share the document how to remove trims with me as well. Thanks!

I m the owner of A4 B9, already got high spec MMI and wide screen. Missing reverse camera, checked with Audi main dealer and they are charging 650 for it. Can it be done cheaper? I think I got all the bits in car like module and wide screen. Can somebody guide me in the right direction pls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk