1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retrofit Rear camera

RGBARGEE May 31, 2018

1. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Well-Known Member Team Mythos Team Daytona Team Phantom Audi RS3 Audi RS4 Audi S3 Black Edition Navarra Blue Classic Audi A1

Has anyone fitted a rear camera. £500 sounds a bit steep to pay for someone to fit when the camera can be bought cheaply on E Bay. Anyone had a go? Or know what is involved?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding Site Sponsor Team Ibis VAG Can Professional VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

I can beat that price by a large amount, genuine OEM Audi new parts with 2 year warranty :)

4. RGBARGEE

RGBARGEE Well-Known Member Team Mythos Team Daytona Team Phantom Audi RS3 Audi RS4 Audi S3 Black Edition Navarra Blue Classic Audi A1

Parts are cheap as chips on EBay, I assume Audi are £100 ish plus a couple of hours labour. Trouble is you are London. How much is your charge?

5. -Ju-

-Ju- Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Team Panther Audi S3

@DJAlix is the PFL camera the same resolution as the FL?
    It does the job but it's a little low res!

6. jaysrs4

jaysrs4 Member

Don’t you need the module for it? I’d like this but assume it’s not just the camera?

7. no_idea

no_idea Active Member

I fitted a blackvue front and rear camera to my B8 Avant, wasn't really that difficult.
    Just need to take your time. I also fitted a Cellink B to run the camera when parked to save running the battery down.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

8. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding Site Sponsor Team Ibis VAG Can Professional VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

£100? Would like to know where you can buy a genuine OEM camera for £100 lol

Edit: full OEM install, 2 year warranty = £375.00

RGBARGEE and T-800 like this.
  9. DJAlix

That’s great! However... we are talking about reversing cameras :)

RGBARGEE and T-800 like this.
  10. DJAlix

Same resolution.

11. DJAlix

The new / current modules incorporate the control module in to the camera handle unit. It’s basiclly the same thing as the pre-facelift version but without the external module and without a video / aux in for a tv Tuner.

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. no_idea

no_idea Active Member

Must read more carefully

14. Hal Adams

Hal Adams Active Member Team Nardo VCDS Map User Audi RS3 Black Edition

I have done it yes. With all the faffing around taking out the tailgate trim, lower trim, console, finding a place to stuff the module and programming it, 500 is not a bad price to pay. I'd take Vag Car Coding's offer of 375 very quickly before he realises he is making little profit from this!

15. DJAlix

Too late! Price now £376.00 :)

AB RS3, TYb, Tristan2 and 4 others like this.
  16. no_idea

no_idea Active Member

Just sent you a pm

17. RJ-8V

RJ-8V Active Member Team Daytona Audi A3 S-line owners group

Installing takes around 2,5 hours including coding, parametrisation and calibration (important to get the right distance of the red line and to get rid of the no basic setting error.

375 is a fair price.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

18. Keithm

Keithm New Member

For folk in Scotland, company called empirical in car audio, reverse camera fitted about £399, also they are the authorised installers for the auto watch ghost immobiliser

P.s. I don’t have any association to the theses guys, cheers

19. no_idea

no_idea Active Member

Hi Alex, did you get my later PM with the details you asked for?
    I am not 100% sure if it sent.

20. dc911

dc911 New Member

Is there anywhere around Nottingham that can do this?