Retrofit Questions.....

TF_Si

Reaction score
Hi I have a 56 plate A3 SE S Line Quattro, I have fitted an RNS-E 2 and flat bottom multifunction steering wheel and a the glovebox with AMI is next. I want to add bluetooth and voice control (SDS I think its called). There are so many different bluetooth modules listed and some significant price differences, Im struggling to find out the differences between them all to know which is best for my application can anyone shed any light ?

My second retrofit question is about power folding auto dimming mirrors. I have an auto dimming rear view mirror in the car already. I have sourced a pair of power folding mirrors but what Im struggling with is what door modules I require

any advice would be greatly appreciated
thanks in advance

Simon

power folded mirrors you mean the ones that fold on rotating the knob to back? Or the ones that auto fold on lockup of car?
About bluetooth modules can't say too much, if you don't mind you can check parrot.

about the doors, should be the same (pre and paso FL models) between should be only different length of them. Anyway FL mirrors fit the pre FL doors.

power folded mirrors you mean the ones that fold on rotating the knob to back? Or the ones that auto fold on lockup of car?
About bluetooth modules can't say too much, if you don't mind you can check parrot.

The mirrors that fold back on the switch on the drivers door are the ones I have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 2010 s3 8p ‘dumbo’ style heated/blinker mirrors. My question is can these be converted to folding mirrors?

This would prove much cheaper than buying a full retrofit kit.

Hi @Weeb - you’d need the folding bases, correct door modules if you don’t already have, new internal door handle and rotating switch and VCDS coding.

You could use your glass and mirror caps...

Thanks for prompt reply, i like the dumbo mirrors I have & knowing can keep them helps me make the decision. Will have to price up/spec the parts I would need. Thanks again