Retrofit Interior Footwell Lights

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
Has anybody installed any?
I’ve seen some from this company:

We supply interior OEM lighting kits for your A3 8V: www.rocketwires.co.uk

They look good but red only. I like the ones on eBay but they are cigarette lighter or USB plug in types but I would prefer a hard wired variant. I like how the eBay versions have a remote and various colours to choose from.

2e70d62e8a0ce6d2e250169be6a678e2.jpg

Just received my kit from AliExpress. Only $34 and as you can see all genuine parts. Will follow up when I’ve had a chance to retrofit.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
2e70d62e8a0ce6d2e250169be6a678e2.jpg

Just received my kit from AliExpress. Only $34 and as you can see all genuine parts. Will follow up when I’ve had a chance to retrofit.

Lol, I highly doubt they genuine parts at all, just Chinese fakeys stamped with genuine part numbers and logos.

Still, they will do the job, LED's don't really command enough voltage to cause a fire etc. In the with past the Aliexpress specials, the LED's dimmed over time and occasionally flickered, but I hear they have gotten somewhat better these days.

i installed this set all working but not as bright as i would have expected.

But i havent seen the factory lights.
Its an easy install and it worked right away i coded the mmi but i find i have them off when driving.

Lol, I highly doubt they genuine parts at all, just Chinese fakeys stamped with genuine part numbers and logos.

Still, they will do the job, LED's don't really command enough voltage to cause a fire etc. In the with past the Aliexpress specials, the LED's dimmed over time and occasionally flickered, but I hear they have gotten somewhat better these days.

Or that haha. I’d imagine the OE lights are made in China too. I bought footwell and puddle lights for my 8P from AliExpress too and they were spot on and I don’t have any reason to doubt these too.

The 8P ones were a bit dim and I just updated the LEDs using ones supplied by @t8ups.

Or that haha. I’d imagine the OE lights are made in China too. I bought footwell and puddle lights for my 8P from AliExpress too and they were spot on and I don’t have any reason to doubt these too.

The 8P ones were a bit dim and I just updated the LEDs using ones supplied by @t8ups.
Do they change colour or are they just one colour?

With 8V footwell lighting set up the front LED is very small and the light output isn't great, there are a couple of options though, stick with the standard small light and replace the LED bulb with an aftermarket one from EMTuning which also gives you the option of a red bulb or a lot of my 8V customers opt to fit the 8P set up which is a bigger light, gives off a better spread of light but you will need to cut a hole for the light to fit into on the plastic trims but this is straight forward to do and can't be seen once all fitted. The benefits of this apart from the better spread of light is its a cheaper set up, you can have red and more importantly the rear footwell light output will be the same as the front because the rears use the larger sized light.

As for whether the aliexpress kits are genuine or not I can't confirm however all I can confirm that a single 8V front footwell light costs me £14 (trade price).

Reactions: ScottishA4B9 and Sve
With 8V footwell lighting set up the front LED is very small and the light output isn't great, there are a couple of options though, stick with the standard small light and replace the LED bulb with an aftermarket one from EMTuning which also gives you the option of a red bulb or a lot of my 8V customers opt to fit the 8P set up which is a bigger light, gives off a better spread of light but you will need to cut a hole for the light to fit into on the plastic trims but this is straight forward to do and can't be seen once all fitted. The benefits of this apart from the better spread of light is its a cheaper set up, you can have red and more importantly the rear footwell light output will be the same as the front because the rears use the larger sized light.

As for whether the aliexpress kits are genuine or not I can't confirm however all I can confirm that a single 8V front footwell light costs me £14 (trade price).
I’ve spoken to you about your kits mate and looks like I will be ordering some tomorrow.

Reactions: Dunedin
Just ordered the interior footwell lighting kit and the door and puddle lights kit from him! Can’t wait to get them and get them fitted!

It’s a good Mod, every time I or any passengers enter/exit the car I’m delighted I done it.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
I have a set of retrofit kit for sale here:

The correct way of wiring them in is to wire them into BCM - which is the way our kits are wired in.
Do you have a guide to wire them in, I’m interested in your kit is it straight forward or do they have to wire from the boxes behind the door card.

Reactions: Sandra