Retrofit instructions for pdc front and rear

DARREN GREENLAND

Reaction score
Hiya guys! My first post but I'm at my wits end with a retro kit that I brought from vagtech. I need to know where the final two wires go? Instructions provided don't correspond with the kit supplied. Been back to vagtech with absolutely no joy. Spoke to their master technician who was also not much help. So I'm hoping someone on here and help.

Thanks

Attachments

• 52157552067__3962C118-4B10-49F0-BA16-7D94ECC788C1.JPG
    52157552067__3962C118-4B10-49F0-BA16-7D94ECC788C1.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 482
Hi Darren, if you can post the documentation they´ve provided, I´ll be glad to help you to decypher it, and let you know where these wires go. thanks

Hiya Martin

It's just those two wires, absolutely nothing about them in the instructions. I've wired in canbus pair. I believe these two do the centre console button but not 100% sure. I can send the instructions if you drop me your email address?

so, if you get the 8k (8 channels) kit, then it will necesary to get a couple of wires to the central switches console. (usually pins: T20/4 and T20/14).
If the Vagtech guys are using the same OEM colors for the wires, you will see in the information I´ve send per email, where they should be connected.

best way to check, would be:
if the blue is connected to the T26/16 and the green to the T26/17, then 100% sure, they must go to the central switches console.

Reason: front parking sensors are time-based and might be activated manually or after you engage "R".

Hiya martin

That's absolutely brilliant bud. I am using a 8 channel module. . Yes basically the sensors do bleep at the moment all the time when you are close to an object. The only wires that I have connected were into the canbus interface adj the steering column. Think it was 8 and 18.

The colours are blue and green which are left to connect.

You are a star.

I will complete at the weekend.

Reactions: martinlop
Hiya martin

That's absolutely brilliant bud. I am using a 8 channel module. . Yes basically the sensors do bleep at the moment all the time when you are close to an object. The only wires that I have connected were into the canbus interface adj the steering column. Think it was 8 and 18.

The colours are blue and green which are left to connect.

You are a star.

I will complete at the weekend.
let us know ;)

this one (usually has a red cover which might be removed to put the pins inside). Its a little bit tricky, but it has a small latch on one side, needs to be clicked with a small screwdriver.
Be sure you have a new central switches module with the new button! (otherwise, it´ll make no sense to connect the wires to the existing one without the button!).

Archivo 15 7 17 21 28 27
Brico mando

How do you know so much Martin?

Sent from my ZTE A2017G using Tapatalk
Some time ago, Ive bought a PLA+ Kit from China (aliexpress), and Im currently installing it, therefore did some reverse engineering with little help of our friends Elsa + Etka + Google + Deutschsprache :)

Reactions: DARREN GREENLAND and Schizophonic
Darren, one tip mre... pay special attention when you pull the cables from the place where the PDC module goes, and the central switches rack (Id recommend you to go all the way above the speedom), otherwise, and you take the short-way, if you move the steering column, they could be dented.

Last edited:
Hey Martín

I've put in the centre button rack, loosely as the old one was a bit of a pig to remove. I've seen a connector with a red sleeve but can't remember where. Had that car in bits more than once for different reasons. I brought. A manual off the internet that has all the different bits on it but it nearly a 1000 pages in Total and a complete random order. I can't wait to get this up and sorted as its been 4 months in the waiting. Now I'm imagining that the weather is better there than it is here! lol

Thanks bro will get back to you once it's fitted.

Darren

Hey Martín

I've muddle through but the only problem I have is not on the display. Djalix is getting back to me next week with the full coding sequence. They had only wired their loom wrong compared to your diagrams for the centre button so I'm hoping everything is ok.