Retrofit Home Coming Lights

willz17

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Sorry for maybe posting a duplicate thread but I have almost completed the forgot process. I have followed the guide below:

'Enable Coming Home & Leaving Home Lighting on 8P A3'

Anyways I got as far as pull block E out and insert repair wire to pin 12. Can someone please tell me which I spin 12? Sorry I'm not too clued up on counting pins and didn't want to put everything back together and finding out that I inserted the pin in the wrong location.

(Photo of block E below)
e3a5a4up.jpg

Any info is great
Many thanks
Will

Ok guys just a quick update, had to put the car back together so I thought I would try fluke it. I inserted the pin into the slot above the white/grey line on the left. That's 2 below the red/yellow line. The bottom out of the 2 empty slots on the left.

Anyways first thought was the repair wire sits very loose and doesn't click into place even when I force it in with pliers or a screwdriver. Also grounded the wire same location as the guide.

But overall its a no go the retrofit didn't work for my car 2007 Audi s3. No auto lights

Yes mate as per the instructions in the guide I think 00 bit 7 home coming lights active

Oops I may have forgotten to check that one. I will check it tomorrow probably fingers crossed that's where I have gone wrong :)

y5yvy4et.jpg

Yep so both bit5 and bit7 are active still doesn't work though :/

Try to find another good ground spot. Use a multimeter

it should tell you pin 12 on the otherside of the block,or the numbers will be on the actual board the connector plugs into,i did this on my 2005 a3 2 years back.....that had no auto lights,if i dont work after that,switch ignition off close door,then turn ignition on, then off,(take key out) open door and they should work.

Ye, pin numbers are in the actual connector, not the plug. Double check that

Reactions: shadow1993
it will work as long as your doing it correctly. where abouts are you based? you could always get someone else to help you get its working?

That's good news, I'm based in Cardiff, from the image I posted above does it look like I've alot the repair wire in the correct position? I have a feeling its not working due to bad grounding point

When i did it on mine (a few years back before i retrofitted auto lights) i just tapped the wire onto that screw rather than tying it on... i found that with every tap i would enable/disable the feature. Try this: enable the coming home on the coding, put the wire into E12 and then push the plug back into place, then use the other side and just tap it onto the grounding point and see what happens... try to park facing another car so you can notice the lights reflect off the other cars paintwork.

When i did it on mine (a few years back before i retrofitted auto lights) i just tapped the wire onto that screw rather than tying it on... i found that with every tap i would enable/disable the feature. Try this: enable the coming home on the coding, put the wire into E12 and then push the plug back into place, then use the other side and just tap it onto the grounding point and see what happens... try to park facing another car so you can notice the lights reflect off the other cars paintwork.

Thanks I will give this a go on the weekend and report back :)

Thanks Ash!

You also need to turn it ignition off, set alarm dis-arm alarm to test.

Do you have to have auto lights to have a headlight switch with the ch lh button? Is there any switch without having the auto switch but still have the ch lh button?

Yes you need auto lights as the ch/lh only works properly with the light sensor. The ch/lh is not meant to work in the daytime hence the need of the light sensor

let me know how you get on i could give you some assistance if you struggle,

cheers

I couldn't get ch/lh working on my '06 a3 for almost a year. I had no idea what I was doing wrong as I followed the guides religiously. But it's all sorted now & fully working thanks to @Ash187 who managed to fix it yesterday in less than 2mins! He also sorted out a few other bits of coding and other incorrect wiring– Top Bloke!
:encouragement:

Reactions: Ash187