Retrofit heated seats issue

Seantdi

Reaction score
Hi folks.
Just finished my heated seat retrofit today after having the seats and loom fitted ages ago I just needed to get my highline bcm and heater controls coded to work in the car.
Now I'm having a slight issue. I need to turn on the passenger side seat for the drivers side one to work and vice versa.

I remember reading somewhere about maybe having to swap around something on the loom because of them being made for lhd cars but for the life of me I can't find it now.

Not sure if it was on this forum or some other one I seen it.

Has anyone ever come across it or knows what I'm on about please post the link.

Thanks in advance

Swap the left & right wires around it's that simple usually.

Reactions: Seantdi
Guess I'll have to remove seats and check wiring and cut and join.
The loom won't work the other way around as it has to come down the drivers side and across the tunnel between the seats

No just swap the signalling wires on the non seat ends, no need to remove seats.

So where it plugs into the bcm?
Yeah. Had exactly the same problem when I did with a Kufatec loom. Just unpin the left and right wires from the BCM end and swap them.

How are your hands from getting the loom from the drivers seat to the passenger side?

Yeah. Had exactly the same problem when I did with a Kufatec loom. Just unpin the left and right wires from the BCM end and swap them.

How are your hands from getting the loom from the drivers seat to the passenger side?
Ya I'll do that tomorrow.

I took out the the seats and center console which helped but ya they were a pig to do.

I also took seats and consol out but was still a pain fishing the wire, including plug, under the carpet and over the transmission tunnel.

So I swapped over the wires on the plug on the bcm. Working on the correct side now but the heat adjustment seems to not be working as it should.
It feels the same on 1 as 6.
Nearly 100 you could feel the difference in levels when it was on the opposite switch?
Hardly a coding issue?