retrofit headlights with LED DRL

niedzial1983

Reaction score
guys

looking at prices for the headlights in europe( see link below ) £250 for the full set

http://allegro.pl/audi-a6-c6-04-04-...9-2902-11e6-b1ab-56847afe9799&ars_rule_id=201

i have translated the description
Description:
AUDI A6 C6 04 / 04-08 XENON DAYLIGHT CHROME APPROVAL RL
They fit the model with light daytime running
on the bulb P21W the original lamps.
Xenon lamp lens with light daytime running
LED technology.
Lens Hi-Low (low beam and long.)
100% new, complete (left and right).
Approval: standard E4 - put into service in accordance with ECE- R87 Daylight: LED parking lights: LED low beam and beam: D2S not included beam: H7 included adjustment: electric (motor is not included).

i believe they are for LHD car, so the question is can they be converted for uk RHD cars

i have researched for last few days and cant find a definitive as some say its possible some say its not. i have read that is possible to set the xenon beam for both types, some headlights have a plastic switch inside ....

please advise

Unless its the latest led adaptive headlights on new Audi's, then no they can't be converted easily.

Unless its the latest led adaptive headlights on new Audi's, then no they can't be converted easily.
Its for an audi a6 c6 2006

2006 Audi A6 3.0TDI quattro sline le mans | Daytona Grey Pearl

I hate to point out the obvious but what may be applicable on a BMW won't necessarily work on an Audi

Reactions: t8ups
I hate to point out the obvious but what may be applicable on a BMW won't necessarily work on an Audi
Agreed, hence im looking for a definitive answer

2006 Audi A6 3.0TDI quattro sline le mans | Daytona Grey Pearl

I don't think you will get one on here, I've never seen anyone in the last couple of years post about these light. There has been a few after market light threads but more die a death when the OP finds out that they are for LHD cars.

The plastic switch which you are referring to is usually a "Tourist" lever and just cuts off the high part of the beam which would shine into the faces of oncoming traffic when driving abroad.
You would just end up with a flat beam which I don't think would pass an MOT.

Them headlights don't have a switch inside so not as easy as it looks, some B7 headlights have it tho.

If you really wanted them then we could swap the projector out for a rhd one but it's not 10 mins work and with the type of sealant used on that you would be looking at around £500 which is labour and parts and would take around 10 days to do.

Trups