retrofit harness heated seats Audi A3 8V

emrahdtc

Reaction score
Has anyone have an installation guide for the heated seats harness (audi a3 8v)..
I've bought this harness (picture 1) from the internet.. almost all wires are connected, except one wire (picture2)
I don't know where this wire must be connected (There are no numbers or anything on this wire)
Does anyone have more experience with this or maybe an installation guide?

Attachments

• 39952.jpg
    39952.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,213
  • 2016-03-19 13.32.10.jpg
    2016-03-19 13.32.10.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 813
You shouldn't be retrofitting without access and understanding of elsawin wiring diagrams.

I assume you know you need a replacement climate control panel?

You shouldn't be retrofitting without access and understanding of elsawin wiring diagrams.

i have also the replacement,controlpanel installed. It is just that one wire on pic.2 what I dont know where to connect

I'm awaiting delivery of the Kufatec harness you have there. Did you find out where it was to go? Can't be far since it's so short.

Did you get any instructions from them at all? Thankfully I have the wiring diagrams from what I understand from Audi the original harness is 2 pieces not one which splits off in the direction of the seats.

David.

Hello David,

I still don't know where that one wire goes to.. Also didn't get any instructions ( I didn't buy it from kufatec, what I regret now)..
I've heared from another expert you have to code after installation of the wires.
Hope you can post the kufatec instruction after your delivery?

You do need to code it. I did mine the other night in preparation for fitting the seats but the harness is on backorder from Kufatec so it'll be a few weeks before I get mine.
Check out the VCDS map to find your nearest vcds guy and it'll take 2 mins max to enable the option.

You do need to code it. I did mine the other night in preparation for fitting the seats but the harness is on backorder from Kufatec so it'll be a few weeks before I get mine.
Check out the VCDS map to find your nearest vcds guy and it'll take 2 mins max to enable the option.
I think Kufatec also sents installation instruction by email if you have an ordernumber

Got my harness last night and no instructions either, did you resolve the problem of the location to terminate the lone wire?

Sorry to bring back such an old thread. I have just fitted Kufatec loom and coded with vag com. I still have no heated seats. The one thing that worries me a little is, I had no second wire in my kit. Is the reason my seats aren't working because I'm missing the wire ?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Looks like a power wire.
In elsawin you can see 2 power wires from bcm to fusebox.
Fuse 31 is going to pin t73c on bcm (red/grey)
Fuse 42 is going to pin t73a pin 73 (red purple)

Hi i will also need help with retrofit. Did you resolved this? Where do i connect the cable?

Do you find solution?
Can anyone upload the kufatec diagram?
I want to make retrofit and wiring diagram is important.
Thanks in advance

Do you find solution?
Can anyone upload the kufatec diagram?
I want to make retrofit and wiring diagram is important.
Thanks in advance
Audi A3 8v heated front seats retro fit all done exept connection of cable ends to plud A and C
I was wondering if you found a diagram or know the conecting numbers for kufatec loom,they did provide me with instructions for a left hand A3 8v but some of the wiring locations have a wire in them so just need more info. theres no info at all on the net...cant believe it! thanks david morgan

you can download the instructions from the kufatec website if you bought the loom from them - https://www.kufatec.com/en/comfort-...ent/cable-set-seat-heating-for-audi-mqb-40990
Thank you so much for your reply!
I bought the loom from Tuning-fanatics-shop on ebay and the loom should arrive this coming Monday,
they have provided me with the same file as Kfatec and i have downloaded the instructiond. the file/instructions are for a left hand drive car mayby thats okay but when it cums to connecting the wire ends of the loom to both plugs A and C these plugs are on the PCM board down on the my passenger side foot well, the wiring is different to the instructions! please see photo below of plug A the instructions say connect pin2 of the loom to number 2 on plg and pin5 to number 5on the plug! as you can see below there is a white cable in 2 and ayellow and white in 5 already, the instructions show these positions as being empty and unoccupied! and also position 1 has a yellow cable. however the instructions for the other plug C the white plug are straight forward and unoccupied and can be connected as instructions.
i did contact my seller to see if there was a right hand drive instructions and they said no there wasnt and said they could not help me any ferther. i have contacted kefatec by email twice and no reply what so ever but if i had purchased directly from them they might have responded? with support? to be honest ive im on the verge of giving up after doing less everything (heates s3 seats,new ac controll switches vcds turn on seat heating, there is not enough info on the net to proceed. ive been given a seat auto electician number locally and if he cant do the job i am going to give up on this one. i have my sanity to concider lol
i cant show more instructions detail as it is data protected. if i knew kefatec woul give support i woul return the looms purchased as the instructions are for left hand drive and then purchase directly from kufatec but so far not confident they would give me support, Any way thanks again for your help:) david morgan.

Attachments

• 20211101_131906.jpg
    20211101_131906.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 271
Hey gents - i had to buy wirings from AliExpress, and no instructions were provided unf...

Can someone please send me the kufatec instructions? -,_-

Thank you so much for your reply!
I bought the loom from Tuning-fanatics-shop on ebay and the loom should arrive this coming Monday,
they have provided me with the same file as Kfatec and i have downloaded the instructiond. the file/instructions are for a left hand drive car mayby thats okay but when it cums to connecting the wire ends of the loom to both plugs A and C these plugs are on the PCM board down on the my passenger side foot well, the wiring is different to the instructions! please see photo below of plug A the instructions say connect pin2 of the loom to number 2 on plg and pin5 to number 5on the plug! as you can see below there is a white cable in 2 and ayellow and white in 5 already, the instructions show these positions as being empty and unoccupied! and also position 1 has a yellow cable. however the instructions for the other plug C the white plug are straight forward and unoccupied and can be connected as instructions.
i did contact my seller to see if there was a right hand drive instructions and they said no there wasnt and said they could not help me any ferther. i have contacted kefatec by email twice and no reply what so ever but if i had purchased directly from them they might have responded? with support? to be honest ive im on the verge of giving up after doing less everything (heates s3 seats,new ac controll switches vcds turn on seat heating, there is not enough info on the net to proceed. ive been given a seat auto electician number locally and if he cant do the job i am going to give up on this one. i have my sanity to concider lol
i cant show more instructions detail as it is data protected. if i knew kefatec woul give support i woul return the looms purchased as the instructions are for left hand drive and then purchase directly from kufatec but so far not confident they would give me support, Any way thanks again for your help:) david morgan.

Depending on where you are in the country we might be able to help you with this, it might involve making a new harnesses or heavily modifying the one you have but its something we can look into - feel free to drop us an email - sales@rocketwires.co.uk