1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

retrofit harness heated seats Audi A3 8V

emrahdtc Mar 20, 2016

1. emrahdtc

emrahdtc New Member

Has anyone have an installation guide for the heated seats harness (audi a3 8v)..
    I've bought this harness (picture 1) from the internet.. almost all wires are connected, except one wire (picture2)
    I don't know where this wire must be connected (There are no numbers or anything on this wire)
    Does anyone have more experience with this or maybe an installation guide?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Darren92

Darren92 Well-Known Member

You shouldn't be retrofitting without access and understanding of elsawin wiring diagrams.

I assume you know you need a replacement climate control panel?

4. emrahdtc

emrahdtc New Member

i have also the replacement,controlpanel installed. It is just that one wire on pic.2 what I dont know where to connect

5. airbus319

airbus319 Well-Known Member Team Daytona VCDS Map User Audi A3 S-line owners group

I'm awaiting delivery of the Kufatec harness you have there. Did you find out where it was to go? Can't be far since it's so short.

Did you get any instructions from them at all? Thankfully I have the wiring diagrams from what I understand from Audi the original harness is 2 pieces not one which splits off in the direction of the seats.

David.

6. emrahdtc

emrahdtc New Member

Hello David,

I still don't know where that one wire goes to.. Also didn't get any instructions ( I didn't buy it from kufatec, what I regret now)..
    I've heared from another expert you have to code after installation of the wires.
    Hope you can post the kufatec instruction after your delivery?

7. airbus319

airbus319 Well-Known Member Team Daytona VCDS Map User Audi A3 S-line owners group

You do need to code it. I did mine the other night in preparation for fitting the seats but the harness is on backorder from Kufatec so it'll be a few weeks before I get mine.
    Check out the VCDS map to find your nearest vcds guy and it'll take 2 mins max to enable the option.

8. emrahdtc

emrahdtc New Member

I think Kufatec also sents installation instruction by email if you have an ordernumber

9. airbus319

Got my harness last night and no instructions either, did you resolve the problem of the location to terminate the lone wire?

10. Blox

Blox New Member

Sorry to bring back such an old thread. I have just fitted Kufatec loom and coded with vag com. I still have no heated seats. The one thing that worries me a little is, I had no second wire in my kit. Is the reason my seats aren't working because I'm missing the wire ?

Any help would be very much appreciated.