Facelift Retrofit Folding Mirrors

GE90

Reaction score
Hi All

I posted this first in the ICE retrofit section before realising that that was for mainly audio retrofits (I think!)!

I hope to be picking up a 2019 S3 in a couple of weeks. Only slight disappointment is the lack of folding mirrors!

Being quotes circa £700 to retrofit, as I should have the controllers fitted already. However, this is something I really would like to do myself. Has anyone done this and have any instructions (a search didn't reveal much concrete). I assume the parts are the interior trim and switch, and the mirror assy's, less caps and glass? I have VCDS, but would really appreciate any info on coding.

Many thanks.

There’s a massive guide on here so follow that. That’s what I did. Its easy enough. You need new switch, trim, and 2 mirror assembly. You can reuse the mirror covers and glass
total cost of new parts was around £400. Try Crewe Audi on here for parts that where I got mine. Another £200 if you need modules. Some needs it some don’t and there’s doesn’t seem to be a reason even if part numbers are the same.

Reactions: creweaudiparts
Thanks very much. Do you have a link to the thread? Does it include parts numbers and VCDS tweaks? Many thanks!

Thanks very much. Do you have a link to the thread? Does it include parts numbers and VCDS tweaks? Many thanks!

you will need coding done. Obd11 is a cheaper alternative to vcds but not as well supported. You can mess up your car using the apps if you don’t know what you are doing, to be fair same goes for vcds.

you will need coding done. Obd11 is a cheaper alternative to vcds but not as well supported. You can mess up your car using the apps if you don’t know what you are doing, to be fair same goes for vcds.
Thanks - I have VCDS, if you know the changes necessary it would be appreciated. Do you have the thread link? Again, thanks.

Thanks - I have VCDS, if you know the changes necessary it would be appreciated. Do you have the thread link? Again, thanks.

it’s all in the thread. Slightly different between pfl and fl.

Think it’s this one.

Thanks - I just cannot find the VCDS tweaks necessary on that thread......

Cheers

Just look through the 'similar threads' listed below, it takes some getting out but it's all in there, I have just done mine following all the threads. The advice is right go to Crew Audi for your smaller parts, there are people asking almost twice as much than new for second hand rubbish on which is usually damaged on removal.

Reactions: AlS3BE
What potterswheel said and remember the wing mirrors are different between the hatch/sport back and the saloon/cab.

Hi All

I posted this first in the ICE retrofit section before realising that that was for mainly audio retrofits (I think!)!

I hope to be picking up a 2019 S3 in a couple of weeks. Only slight disappointment is the lack of folding mirrors!

Being quotes circa £700 to retrofit, as I should have the controllers fitted already. However, this is something I really would like to do myself. Has anyone done this and have any instructions (a search didn't reveal much concrete). I assume the parts are the interior trim and switch, and the mirror assy's, less caps and glass? I have VCDS, but would really appreciate any info on coding.

Many thanks.
Give me the £700 and if you live close by I'll fold your mirrors once a week for a year

• Haha
Reactions: Audi-Sport-Driver and AlS3BE
What potterswheel said and remember the wing mirrors are different between the hatch/sport back and the saloon/cab.
Do you know what are the differences are between Hatch / sport and Saloon / cab????
I have recently changed mine and didn't know this!!! was I just lucky for once?

Hi All

Many thanks.

Did this myself a few weeks ago, coding below (including activating option in the MMI, and automatic folding of mirrors on door lock with unfolding of mirrors on engine start):

42 - Door Elect Driver
Byte 4
Bit 4 = Active (Foldable Mirrors Installed)
Bit 6 = Active (Comfort Mirror Folding active)

52 - Door Elect Driver
Byte 4
Bit 1 = Active (Mirror Memory Function)
Bit 2 = Active (Reverse Mirror Dipping active)
Bit 3 = Active (Position Memory for Reverse Gear Mirror Dipping active)
Bit 4 = Active (Foldable Mirrors Installed)
Bit 6 = Active (Comfort Mirror Folding active)

09 - Cent Elect
Security Access 31347
Access control 2-Funk Spiegelanklappen = Active
Access control 2-Funk Spiegelanklappung Modus = by look command via remote control key
Access control 2-Menuesteuerung synchrone Spiegelverstellung = active
Access control 2-Menuesteuerung Funk Spiegel anklappen = Active
Access control 2-Menuesteuerung Komfortbedienung einstellbar = adjustable

5F - Information Elect
Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_car_mirror = activated

Reactions: AlS3BE
Do you know what are the differences are between Hatch / sport and Saloon / cab????
I have recently changed mine and didn't know this!!! was I just lucky for once?
The mirror housing sits at different angles so when folded it will hit the body.