Retrofit folding mirrors

Andreashadji

Reaction score
Hey guys I need your help for a retrofit.
I have a 2012 8p sportback with electrical and defrosting mirrors.
I would like the auto folding function too.
Am I correct that I need a pair of motors plus a new switch on drivers door for that to work?
If yes does any one know the part numbers and possibly where to source them from?

If that’s not the case what would it take ?
Also I understand there is some coding involved.i do have a cable so a walkthrough or pointers would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mirror bases, new switch, switch light, new trim and more than likely door controllers

dont be tempted by second hand as the bases are different between 3dr 5dr and cabrio, so i would avoid unless you can verify the vehicle they came off

Have a read of my build thread, I cover the parts on the first page. As you have a 2012 model, the last of the 8P then it’s nightly likely you already have the correct motors, you’ll just need the folding bases. Use your glass and mirror covers. The switch and trim pieces are cheap from Audi. I bought my bases from Audi, they were £15 more than ECP and far better quality.

Search for *** on Facebook. Genuine parts people.

Reactions: Konstantinos
Thanks for the replies guys,also since mine is LHD I m guessing the switch and door trim part number would be different ?

Have a read of my build thread, I cover the parts on the first page. As you have a 2012 model, the last of the 8P then it’s nightly likely you already have the correct motors, you’ll just need the folding bases. Use your glass and mirror covers. The switch and trim pieces are cheap from Audi. I bought my bases from Audi, they were £15 more than ECP and far better quality.

Search for *** on Facebook. Genuine parts people.

Any direct link for ***?

Any direct link for ***?

Check your door controllers end with either one off these letters ( J , M ,P )(
Part No SW: 8P0 959 801 P HW: 8P0 959 801 P )
if not you will need to source . I have 2 spare M ones if you need PM me.

mirror bases, new switch, switch light, new trim and more than likely door controllers

dont be tempted by second hand as the bases are different between 3dr 5dr and cabrio, so i would avoid unless you can verify the vehicle they came off

forgot to add that pre-facelift and facelift door controllers are different.

Worth picking up A4 auto folding mirrors and bases not sure 100% what A4 age as when I did mine I never asked the guy the age off A4 plus mine are Dumbo

It might be worth trying to source yourself the Auto folding mirrors before you purchase the other parts

Sorry to dredge up an old thread but since there's so many of these I didn't want to add to the list with a new one!

I've managed to come across what might be the bits I need, can I double check part numbers with you guys?

Mirror has a part number of 8P2 858 532 B 01 C

Door module have part numbers:

8P0 959 801 D and 802 D. Will these be suitable?

Apart from the folding mirror base, is there anything else I need?

Going on a 2008 S3 pre facelift.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Sorry to dredge up an old thread but since there's so many of these I didn't want to add to the list with a new one!

I've managed to come across what might be the bits I need, can I double check part numbers with you guys?

Mirror has a part number of 8P2 858 532 B 01 C

Door module have part numbers:

8P0 959 801 D and 802 D. Will these be suitable?

Apart from the folding mirror base, is there anything else I need?

Going on a 2008 S3 pre facelift.

Cheers!

The motor that folds the mirror obv :D.

Reactions: Eren S3
The motor that folds the mirror obv :D.

Of course :) I do have these as part of my set.

Update: I tried a test fit today of just removing cables and plugging them in to the D module I have but with no luck. I made sure the main loom was plugged in, the folding mirror was plugged in and so was the new switch but could not even adjust the mirror angle let alone get it to fold. I had a scan of VCDS too and had a few errors with the module as I expected I would as it was not coded.

I tried searching for any options to tick or change for the folding mirrors within VCDS however I could not find anything in module 46. I will try again maybe later on with the other module I have as I may have used the passenger side in error as opposed to the drivers module so I'll see if this makes a difference.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated!

2007 S3 8p Pre Facelift.

Of course :) I do have these as part of my set.

Update: I tried a test fit today of just removing cables and plugging them in to the D module I have but with no luck. I made sure the main loom was plugged in, the folding mirror was plugged in and so was the new switch but could not even adjust the mirror angle let alone get it to fold. I had a scan of VCDS too and had a few errors with the module as I expected I would as it was not coded.

I tried searching for any options to tick or change for the folding mirrors within VCDS however I could not find anything in module 46. I will try again maybe later on with the other module I have as I may have used the passenger side in error as opposed to the drivers module so I'll see if this makes a difference.

Any tips or advice would be appreciated!

2007 S3 8p Pre Facelift.

Euhhh, you should be able to code them in your doormodules, if not, they don't support folding mirrors.
You can find the coding on the Ross-Tech website: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Audi_A3_(8P)_Door_Electronics_Driver

They even explain what to do when you upgrade modules.

Good luck :D!

Euhhh, you should be able to code them in your doormodules, if not, they don't support folding mirrors.
You can find the coding on the Ross-Tech website: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Audi_A3_(8P)_Door_Electronics_Driver

They even explain what to do when you upgrade modules.

Good luck :D!

Thanks for that, I've been sent that link before which is great to have. I'm beginning to think that the D modules won't work on my car then as the coding option isn't there, even on the long coding helper.

That Ross Tech page shows coding for a H module so I'll do some digging and see what modules may work on my PFL and go from there. The J, M and P modules are still proving quite expensive!

Check a G Module that might work and if not then i would think you will need to go down the expensive route.
The other thing is how many wires have you got on your mirror plug as the FL has 10 in its plug but not sure the amount for the Pfl

Hi, look to see if you can help me. I have a sportback 8p moto 140 hp with a control unit 8p0 959 801 M. Could you tell me the steps to do it, is there a manual. is the vcp necessary? I have the vag com 12.12

Hi, look to see if you can help me. I have a sportback 8p moto 140 hp with a control unit 8p0 959 801 M. Could you tell me the steps to do it, is there a manual. is the vcp necessary? I have the vag com 12.12
I can't say for 100% if the M module will work as i have only used P module in drivers side but have used J module on the passengers side ( which workes ok ).
Go to search functiom and put in member @Ash187 And habe a look theough his posts qhere you will find info about the other parts you will nees to so the retrofit or look @samuelh_888 build were you will find all part numbers for your typeoff car ashe has a SB