1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Retrofit folding mirrors

Andreashadji Apr 6, 2019

1. Andreashadji

Andreashadji Member

Hey guys I need your help for a retrofit.
    I have a 2012 8p sportback with electrical and defrosting mirrors.
    I would like the auto folding function too.
    Am I correct that I need a pair of motors plus a new switch on drivers door for that to work?
    If yes does any one know the part numbers and possibly where to source them from?

If that’s not the case what would it take ?
    Also I understand there is some coding involved.i do have a cable so a walkthrough or pointers would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Darren92

Darren92 Well-Known Member

mirror bases, new switch, switch light, new trim and more than likely door controllers

dont be tempted by second hand as the bases are different between 3dr 5dr and cabrio, so i would avoid unless you can verify the vehicle they came off

4. samuelh_888

samuelh_888 Well-Known Member Audi S3 Black Edition Manual

Have a read of my build thread, I cover the parts on the first page. As you have a 2012 model, the last of the 8P then it’s nightly likely you already have the correct motors, you’ll just need the folding bases. Use your glass and mirror covers. The switch and trim pieces are cheap from Audi. I bought my bases from Audi, they were £15 more than ECP and far better quality.

Search for *** on Facebook. Genuine parts people.

Konstantinos likes this.
  5. Andreashadji

Andreashadji Member

Thanks for the replies guys,also since mine is LHD I m guessing the switch and door trim part number would be different ?

6. Andreashadji

Andreashadji Member

Any direct link for ***?

7. ch1z64

ch1z64 C'mon you's bhoy's in Green Team Imola TFSI Owners Group Silver Supporter VCDS Map User Team Sprint Audi S3 Manual

Check your door controllers end with either one off these letters ( J , M ,P )(
    Part No SW: 8P0 959 801 P HW: 8P0 959 801 P )
    if not you will need to source . I have 2 spare M ones if you need PM me.

8. Darren92

Darren92 Well-Known Member

forgot to add that pre-facelift and facelift door controllers are different.

9. ch1z64

ch1z64 C'mon you's bhoy's in Green Team Imola TFSI Owners Group Silver Supporter VCDS Map User Team Sprint Audi S3 Manual

Worth picking up A4 auto folding mirrors and bases not sure 100% what A4 age as when I did mine I never asked the guy the age off A4 plus mine are Dumbo

10. ch1z64

It might be worth trying to source yourself the Auto folding mirrors before you purchase the other parts