Retrofit folding mirrors on audi s3 8v

Cameron Allan

Reaction score
Hi

I live up in the northeast of Scotland (Aberdeen) and nobody seems to be prepared to retrofit folding mirrors on my 2015 s3 8v.

After searching for ages I think all i can do is have a go at doing it myself (unless anyone knows of any places in Scotland that can help).

I wanted to ask the forum if anyone has done this themselves, how it can be done and finally shed some light on how easy it is to do for someone with literally zero experience in retrofitting or general mechanical/electric work of any description lol.

Thank you in advance.

There are a few threads documenting this process, have you searched?

Much appreciated - thanks for this. Is this even possible to do for someone with little to no tools?

A Torx bit t20, trim tools and a 10mm or 12mm socket with an extension and small hands to route the cables. You will get away with using obd11 if vcds is too expensive for coding.
I did mine a while back and it was easy enough. Some cars need new door module and some don’t luckily mine didn’t so saved a fortune.

Much appreciated - thanks for this. Is this even possible to do for someone with little to no tools?
@AIS3BE summed it up perfectly. Definitely need the tools mentioned and ability to code them to work.

A Torx bit t20, trim tools and a 10mm or 12mm socket with an extension and small hands to route the cables. You will get away with using obd11 if vcds is too expensive for coding.
I did mine a while back and it was easy enough. Some cars need new door module and some don’t luckily mine didn’t so saved a fortune.
Thanks for the info. It would probably cost me more to buy the tools than it would for me to just get them done by somebody that actually knows what they are doing - which certainly is not me. Fingers crossed someone in Scotland or North of England sees this thread and can offer a helping hand.

Thanks for the info. It would probably cost me more to buy the tools than it would for me to just get them done by somebody that actually knows what they are doing - which certainly is not me. Fingers crossed someone in Scotland or North of England sees this thread and can offer a helping hand.
Speak to DH Automotive in falkirk. I supply them with Tech and Retrofit Support

Thanks for the suggestion Dj,
they have been useless/embarrassingly bad customer service.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
well that's strange. One of the reasons I work with them is because they are famous for their service. I don't know anyone else in your region.

Thanks for the suggestion Dj,
they have been useless/embarrassingly bad customer service.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Just curious what happened? Could it be due to the lockdown/virus that you got some bad experience?