Retrofit dimming rear view mirror

Spacecowboy

Reaction score
Is it possible to retro fit this item? Is it hard and where would i get one from new without going to dealer? Its for an 02 S3 BTW

I did it on my old 1.8T. I wired it into the light.

From memory it uses a 6 pin connector but I sussed the wiring out very easily. Remember for reverse it obviously does not dim.

Pick one up from a breakers or flebay, got mine for £30, mirror fits in seconds, wiring takes a little bit longer (but not too much).

Not bad at all for Audi. Audi's prices on parts are mostly expensive but you get the odd surprise.

Aye i used to think that too but i was actually quite surprised the times when i have went to buy something from them. Like the genuine mats and clear side repeaters.

Have you considered a Gentex mirror?

I got one like this from this ebay seller, very quick delivery, and very helpful seller. He sourced me the button for the windscreen and supplied some glue for it which was exceptionally good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GENTEX-GENK2-AUTO-DIMMING-REAR-VIEW-MIRROR-COMPLETE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33699QQihZ012QQitemZ220143645073QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Gentex manufacture and supply lots of mirrors to the likes of GM/Subaru/Chrysler etc etc, and they are very good quality. They also make fighter pilot helmets with electro chromatic visors, so they seem to know what they're doing in this department.

Wiring was easily done into the overhead console.