Retrofit Central Locking Switch Passenger Side A3 8V SB PFL

ZeA38VSport

Reaction score
Hi

I am planning to install additional Locking Switch on front Passenger door.
I believe I need part 8v1962107, 8K0973754A wired up, and activation for Lock switch in Passenger door module through LongCoding.
Is that all I will need or there is something else I need to consider.

Appreciate your help.

Regards

Reactions: Frizzley and jorjM
You can just source for LHD parts mate. I can recommend https://bm-parts.nl (based in The Netherlands) have soooo much parts. They ship out international.
Coding should be straight forward, you can just copy the code from your other side doormodule I guess.

Reactions: ZeA38VSport
You can just source for LHD parts mate. I can recommend https://bm-parts.nl (based in The Netherlands) have soooo much parts. They ship out international.
Coding should be straight forward, you can just copy the code from your other side doormodule I guess.
Parts not an issue. I just want someone to confirm that basic long coding adaptation will do the job and not cause conflict and that there isn't anything else that I need active for this to work. I understand Audis only come with driver door switch so I don't want to end up getting everything to find out Audi doesn't like 2 switches or something like that.

Parts not an issue. I just want someone to confirm that basic long coding adaptation will do the job and not cause conflict and that there isn't anything else that I need active for this to work. I understand Audis only come with driver door switch so I don't want to end up getting everything to find out Audi doesn't like 2 switches or something like that.
I don't think anybody can guarantee you on this one.

But since LHD just basicly does the same thing but on the other side I don't see any issue here. It's just a relay that's being clicked when you push in the button. I don't think (and again I can't guarantee obviously) Audi programmers build in some kind of feature that prevents a second lock.

If you hook up VCDS and go into the module, you should be able to enable the lock function, right? Or does it throw errors at you. Regardless of an error about short to ground or missing buttons as the button and pins for the button are not connected yet.

I don't think anybody can guarantee you on this one.

But since LHD just basicly does the same thing but on the other side I don't see any issue here. It's just a relay that's being clicked when you push in the button. I don't think (and again I can't guarantee obviously) Audi programmers build in some kind of feature that prevents a second lock.

If you hook up VCDS and go into the module, you should be able to enable the lock function, right? Or does it throw errors at you. Regardless of an error about short to ground or missing buttons as the button and pins for the button are not connected yet.
No don't want guarantee from anyone. The reason for asking is to find out if someone else has attempted it and how it went.
I have some observations on the audi builds that make me raise the question that programmers could have restricted adding such functions easily. And those out there who are retrofit will have idea what features of the car are linked to what other modules/restrictions. Didn't want to end up with parts to then find out that it won't be possible.
Like I tried to activate dipped mirror on reverse for driver side and VCDS seems happy about it but it only seems to work on passenger side so there is something hidden or something that I don't know of at play.

I will go with your suggestion of activating it without wiring it up and see if anything else goes wrong or any other error shows up.

No don't want guarantee from anyone. The reason for asking is to find out if someone else has attempted it and how it went.
I have some observations on the audi builds that make me raise the question that programmers could have restricted adding such functions easily. And those out there who are retrofit will have idea what features of the car are linked to what other modules/restrictions. Didn't want to end up with parts to then find out that it won't be possible.
Like I tried to activate dipped mirror on reverse for driver side and VCDS seems happy about it but it only seems to work on passenger side so there is something hidden or something that I don't know of at play.

I will go with your suggestion of activating it without wiring it up and see if anything else goes wrong or any other error shows up.

Compare the modules in pins, if reckon those are not the same then..

Yes , did it with all the doors , also the rears. But did it a long time a go . Just copied wiring from driver side and I think it worked without coding , a maybe just one tick in the door module. But easy and cheap mod !

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Yes , did it with all the doors , also the rears. But did it a long time a go . Just copied wiring from driver side and I think it worked without coding , a maybe just one tick in the door module. But easy and cheap mod !

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Brilliant... thanks...

Managed to get a used passenger side switch for £17 and £3 for plug.. had wires and two crimp pins at home... It was super quick job with one tick on LongCoding.

Been watching this, what did you plug/wire and what vcds changes were needed? Any photos?
Cheers

Been watching this, what did you plug/wire and what vcds changes were needed? Any photos?
Cheers
Top of my head..

4 pin connector..
Pin 1 is Brown
Pin 3 is tapped to Blue/Black wire...that gives Red Switch light, same as on window switch
Pin 2 connects to Pin 28 on 32pin connector
Pin 4 connects to Pin 13 on 32pin connector

I had crimp pins for 32pin connector from before. All crimp pins are same size in 32pin connector. The smallest crimp pin used in BCM is also same size.

VCDS.. Front Passenger Door module... Long Coding.. i think it is in Byte 1 or Byte 2... Tick box for Lock Switch installed... That's all.

Plug I bought seemed to be for Opposite side, saying that because Pin numbers on plug were opposite to numbers on the Switch. Also, see pic, the two marked lips in the plug Needed to be on opposite side to each other to Match the Switch.. I just shaved them off... Plug came with 4 crimp pins.

I simply pushed the Blank Cover out of slot from inside. No need to remove anything from Door Card. Then inserted the switch in reverse and pulled it into place by grabbing onto brown part and pushing from opposite side same time. You will know when it is secure in place.

Screenshot 20210811 213552 comalibabaaliexpresshd edit 149520628988121
Screenshot 20210811 213556 comalibabaaliexpresshd edit 149529330199578

Sorry, haven't taken photo. I will post later hopefully.

Product links below:

£13.87 | For Audi A3 8V 2013---2015 Door lock switch 8V1 962 107

£0.22 18%OFF | 1 Set 4 Pin 8K0973754 Door Lifter Switch Plug 8K0 973 754 Auto Wiring Harness Socket For VW Audi

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210811_213113_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd_edit_149273892286597.jpg
    Screenshot_20210811_213113_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd_edit_149273892286597.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: s3mad_dude
On VCDS I went into Module 52: Door Elect, Pass, Long Coding, Byte 2, and activated Bit 1 (lock_unlock_switch,active).

Apart from replacing an unsightly blanking plate what advantages do you gain with this ,as the door unlocks on pulling the handle and auto locks at 15mph . Thanks

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Apart from replacing an unsightly blanking plate what advantages do you gain with this ,as the door unlocks on pulling the handle and auto locks at 15mph . Thanks

Well same function as the lock switch on Driver door. Takes the pain away from passenger having to lean over when I need to or have to leave the car running.

Well same function as the lock switch on Driver door. Takes the pain away from passenger having to lean over when I need to or have to leave the car running.
Sorry if I sound thick ! So you mean if the driver gets out to say nip in a shop the passenger can lock and unlock on your departure and return?

Sorry if I sound thick ! So you mean if the driver gets out to say nip in a shop the passenger can lock and unlock on your departure and return?

Yes . A situation I am in often so it's a very good addition to my car.. maybe not for everyone..

It's a good point. I may do it also .

Reactions: ZeA38VSport
Yes . A situation I am in often so it's a very good addition to my car.. maybe not for everyone..
I was just double checking the pin numbers on the 32 plug on the wiring diagram and it's seems this is a standard passenger fit on usa models

I was just double checking the pin numbers on the 32 plug on the wiring diagram and it's seems this is a standard passenger fit on usa models

Pin numbers correct as I gave above for UK models. USA models do get extra stuff! They even get Boot Release Switch, probably many other things.

btw there is variation in different makes, some do have it as Standard in UK as well. Got BMW G30 that has it in both doors on M Sport Trim, no extra packages. Seen few Toyota models that had it in both front doors.

4 pin connector..
Pin 1 is Brown
Pin 3 is tapped to Blue/Black wire...that gives Red Switch light, same as on window switch
Pin 2 connects to Pin 28 on 32pin connector
Pin 4 connects to Pin 13 on 32pin connector

How do you connect pins 2 and 4 to the 32pin connector? Do you have any pics of that please (or can you describe?). Thanks

How do you connect pins 2 and 4 to the 32pin connector? Do you have any pics of that please (or can you describe?). Thanks
Hi

sorry no pics

32 pin connector has blue cover, you have to remove that and those pin locations will be blank on the white shell inside it. The pin location numbers are written on the white shell for end pins so you have to count for correct location. So you crimp female pin onto wire and push into those locations of plastic shell.
One side you are pushing pin into 32pin connector and other side into 4 pin connector so you need wire that is long enough. Wire needs to be 0.5mmSquare copper core multi-strand, best use automotive cable. There are few sellers on ebay of automotive wire with different thickness or copper core.

Reactions: s3mad_dude
Just thought I’d add my two cents to this project. I wanted to do this mod for ages. It annoyed me to look at a blanking plate and also, it’s handy for your passenger to also be able to lock/unlock doors if the driver leaves the car for any reason.

I did some research and with thanks to this thread and also to @ZeA38VSport , I was able to do it too. I bought a used LHD unlock/lock switch from the USA and purchased a wire harness with pins from the AliExpress linked to above. I managed to source a wiring diagram from my collection of A3 PDFs which was very useful. My car is a facelift, and the other car in this thread that had the mod, was a pre-facelift, so I didn’t know if the pins in the module would be the same.

Luckily they were, and the only noticeable difference I came across whilst doing this mod was that I did not need to code the door module. When I went into the long coding, the bit was already activated on byte 2. So, after connecting the door card back to the module and turning on the ignition, the switch worked straight away.

Wiring diagram shown above. The passenger door unlock switch is referred to as E309 and the door module that controls the folding mirrors and central locking is referred to as the J387. You can see that the four wires from the E309 go to the following:
1) Pin 1 from your new switch is the Earth wire (brown) - I tapped into Earth wire for the LED in the door handle recess.
2) Pin 2 from your new switch connects to pin 28 on the door module block connector.
3) Pin 3 from your switch should tap into the blue/black wire of the electric window switch.
4) Pin 4 from your switch connects to pin 13 of the door module block connector.

Wiring neatly routed with all the existing wiring, and joints all soldered, heat shrink applied, and then cloth loom tape. This picture taken half-way through the final wrapping phase.

Switch worked straight away, no VCDS coding necessary on facelift cars. Just be aware that the switches are different on facelift (white glow light) versus the red glow on PFL.

Also, as already mentioned, I needed to trim some plastic off the connector block (from Ali Express) to allow it to fit into the new unlock switch. I think the block is designed for the passenger side of a LHD car, and I was fitting it to a RHD car. A Stanley knife trimmed it very easily with one slice!