Retrofit CD Changer to RNS-E

-Ju-

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Having a few issues wiring in my cd changer that I removed from my previous A3.
I've fitted the plug from the changer cable into the quadlock and put the bose pin back in (that was the only wire in the old plug) but I have 2 wires coming out of the plug that go nowhere, they are pin 5 K-Line and pin 6 CDC Data Out. I can't figure out where these 2 need wiring to as the wiring is different behind the RNS-e in the S3 compared to my old A3

Hi did you ever sort this out I have a 2005 non facelift 3.2 v6 that I have a RNS-E to fit I removed it from a S Line with bose my a A3 does not have bose . I also removed the changer and glovebox and cable. I have attached the cable that I took from the Sl ine into my ext B connector of my quadlock adapter the changer works as it should but I have 3 spares wires not connected. Pin 5 of B ext Kline where does this need to be wired to? and pin 7 a brown wire now I know the went to - and another brown wire from the changer end went to the same place -.
Cheers
Galee

yeah i just ordered a different cable from, i think it was stoke audi. came all wired up and worked straight away. i'll look up the ebay listing if you want it.

Hi thanks for the reply just a quick qestion did you notice where pin 5 on the new cable went? from the quadlock end.
Cheers

I did at the time but i've forgotten now tbh, i'd have to pull the radio out to check. Will look later

3.2 Ju if you could do that for me I would be most appreciated:beerchug: if it's to much agro don't worry I appreciate you help and time so far anyway.
Regards

Just looked on Elsawin and it says pin 5 is the old K-line and so no longer needed. Diagnostic is done by canbus now.