Retrofit Audi 8V Puddle Lights

dconner1

Reaction score
Hi,

Bought new LED puddle lights for the door card and realised my car hasn't been specced with the lighting pack.

If I was to cut the plastic that is pre shaped for the lights, will the wiring I need already be there?

Thanks

Reactions: OST
Hi,

Bought new LED puddle lights for the door card and realised my car hasn't been specced with the lighting pack.

If I was to cut the plastic that is pre shaped for the lights, will the wiring I need already be there?

Thanks

I cant see any reason as to why it would be, if the pack isnt specces its u likely, v un likely

I retrofitted mine and I can assure you that there is no wiring preinstalled. Most sellers (even ebay) provide the wiring which I would advice you to choose, but I see you already bought them. I personally chose a legitimate store, instead of an unknown internet dealer, that could provide me good quality of the LED lights and installation instructions. The result is great and I am totally glad for that easy retrofit. There are stores that sell just the wiring (aproximately 20€), with installation instructions, if it is hard for you to buy cheap service cables from audi and know how to use them!

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I have a 2017 A3 Saloon which has the puddle lights and I was considering replacing the front door puddle lights with some Audi ring lights. Would anyone have a link to a set? Many thanks.

Reactions: Trevolly
Many thanks @GTAIVgunne. When you say the cable adapter, do you mean this which is on the same page?

IMG 0134

Reactions: The Kendragon

I didn't use that adaptor on my 2015 facelift saloon. They still seem to clip into place as it's the middle bit that clips, so didn't matter how wide it was. The rear doors were a bit more of a struggle as the cable coming from the car was shorter tho.

Many thanks @GTAIVgunne. When you say the cable adapter, do you mean this which is on the same page?

View attachment 134794
That's the one, gives it a more snug fit and increases the cable length :sunglasses:

I didn't use that adaptor on my 2015 facelift saloon. They still seem to clip into place as it's the middle bit that clips, so didn't matter how wide it was. The rear doors were a bit more of a struggle as the cable coming from the car was shorter tho.
With the 2017 model it's slightly different I believe so you need the cable to make it fit snugly. I've noticed the cable for the rears is ridiculously short! The adapter cable makes it longer though :)

Hi, new member, just purchased my S3 few weeks ago. And having trouble with first simple mod I tried..

I'm trying to do the same as above on the rear doors but face same issue... the cable is soo short I can barely reach it, let alone connect the new puddle light. Would the cable adaptor help with this? I cant see how I cant connect cable to this adaptor, it really is that short.

Never used that site before. I’ve heard horror stories

Then buy them on eBay and pay the mark up, as the sellers on ebay more often or not buy them on Aliexpress and resell.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
T8ups on here use to sell wiring for led lights. Has a set from him a while back for a mate and they worked a treat. Might be worth sending him message

I ordered my kit from Rocket Wires and the quality was excellent. The advice and instructions I received was top notch! I would definitely recommend.

Reactions: AlS3BE and RobinA3
I ordered my kit from Rocket Wires and the quality was excellent. The advice and instructions I received was top notch! I would definitely recommend.

Thanks for the feedback :)