1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retrofit active exhaust to A7 3.0TDi (not biTDi)

thisismike Nov 24, 2017

1. thisismike

thisismike New Member

Hi - has anyone retrofitted the active exhaust system to the standard A3 3.0TDi?
    My Audi A7 3.0TDi SE has the replica RS7 body kit fitted, but the quiet sound of the standard TDi engine gives the game away :)
    Has anyone done this, and if so, where can I get one from?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. RAF_S7

RAF_S7 Well-Known Member Team V8 Gold Supporter Team Sepang Audi S7 A7 Owner Group Black Edition

4. thisismike

thisismike New Member

Hi, thanks, but that looks like it just enhances the existing active sound system, that is fitted to the Bi TDi? My 3.0TDi doesn't have the active sound exhaust at all, so looking to see if I can retro fit it?

5. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User TDi Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

6. thisismike

thisismike New Member

Thanks, that's what I was looking for - you're right though, not cheap, and I don't fancy fitting it myself so could be costly fitted - not sure if it's worth the expense but will give it some thought

7. thisismike

thisismike New Member

Does anyone know if retro fitting an exhaust system like this will affect my next MOT?

8. holmefield

holmefield Active Member

I'm also interested in doing this to my A7 245bhp..

I found a link to a product on Fleebay that mite do it...the pic below is it, i couldn't link it in..heres the ebay number

thisismike likes this.
  9. holmefield

holmefield Active Member

Screenshot_20171130-020245.png

10. The Black Panther

The Black Panther Adventurer !

11. holmefield

holmefield Active Member

no its not the same i admit but it looks like it could work in a similar fashion for a lot less of an outlay.

I would like to get an active exhaust fitted but even having one made instead of buying off the shelf isnt cheap, off the shelf ones are eye wateringly expensive, the pic i posted above is showing an option to achive something like an active exhaust..

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. The Black Panther

They are completely different. Active produces sound and the item you have above just lets more exhaust flow through providing you have removed the dpf and car etc etc Watch this and you will see the active exhaust sound is dependant on any exhaust flow through
    hey a

14. The Black Panther

Some further insight to make you aware of what an active box is.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  15. holmefield

holmefield Active Member

I have looked @ getting the above kufatec active system in some detail but the 900+euros before fitment has cooled my desire some.

On a different note Mr AUDI did you mange to get your rs6 gear knob fitted?, i've just taken delivery of my S Tronic gear knob, but i am waiting till i've taken my brave pill to fit it, ha ah...

16. The Black Panther

In the end i never fitted the gear knob because the wee bit inside the RS gear knob that enters into the bit your talking abut heating and twisting was snapped and missing. Its basically useless and i need to buy another one.

17. holmefield

holmefield Active Member

That's a bummer...

I bought new to be on the safe side..cheers