Facelift Retrofit 8vb digital instrument on 8va

pkwspawn

Reaction score
Has anyone tried and successfully retrofitted the 2017 new digital virtual instrument on their A3/S3? Does it involve any VCDS coding or something behind? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Great I will want to know that also.

I know you will need to change the Nav unit to MIB2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt they will fit, the cutout of the instrument cluster area for the VCP is different than the pre-facelift A3.

let alone the mess you would have on your hands trying to get it to work with VCDs.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and batch
You would also need to change the steering wheel to get the "View" button... reckon this would be a massive job overall.

Reactions: Rob2k68
MMI2 would need component protection removing and maps liciencing via Audi after completing the needed VCDS coding. Not a big job and has been done.

VCP is a big job. Needs component protection removing, coding and keys recoding.

Reactions: C39KER and Rob2k68
MMI2 would need component protection removing and maps liciencing via Audi after completing the needed VCDS coding. Not a big job and has been done.

VCP is a big job. Needs component protection removing, coding and keys recoding.
In other words another Hair brained idea

76a0a47a47999a177e8970f15bb08b93

Reactions: Rob2k68
Some local shops charging 3grands to get the complete retrofit done but the parts themselves is a fraction of what they charge. I dunno how they change the Gateway with erWin but it's been done. I guess the premium price is for the tech part/software of the retrofitting.

Has anyone tried and successfully retrofitted the 2017 new digital virtual instrument on their A3/S3? Does it involve any VCDS coding or something behind? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Seriously? The car has only been out for a very short while so how could, or even would, bother and as we've seen with upgrades of that type before it is hugely expensive and probably impossible

Reactions: batch