Retro Fitting Cruise Issues

Jlambert

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've gone through so many threads and tried all the suggested tricks.

I've tried to retro fit cruise control to my 2005 3 Door A3.

Its a midline control module with no mfsw, but with DIS.

It's an earlier module

1KO 953 549F

But coded correctly to 42 value from 12

I followed the guide on here which was brilliant. With my car being an earlier 3 door I thought it'd need the extra supplied cable. But after checking the connection block it already has the black and white cable in the number 13 slot.

Just to check I also tried to access the radiator tank coupling station, but after pulling off the scuttle cover, wiper motor then the cover. It would seem I don't have one!?

I've coded the car using VCDS, changing the soft coding in the steering control, and the coding 2 value in the engine ecu.

And waiting with the ignition off.

In the steering module I can open the ccs readings. And it recognises the increase in speed, decrease and speed cancel. But I can't activate it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Joe

Would love to see how this turns out as I got a 04 3dr and want to do this as well.

I'd love to get it working!

I defintely have the extra wire already installed.

When i change the coding on the steering wheel module back to 12 it throws up the error on the engine ecu

No connection to cruise control module

And incorrectly coded in the steering wheel ecu.

So it knows it's there.

I went into see my local dealer (where I bought the kit from) he's offered me a full refund on the kit. Anyone have any ideas before I remove it?

Joe

So I've persevered with this, couldn't just give up.

After checking all the measuring blocks, I didn't have any issues as far as clutch or brake switches.
So i decided it must be the steering ECU.

My dealer told me that I needed an 8P0 953 549 J module for £200.
(I'm assuming this is the latest revision of the F module)

I didn't want to fork out this, so I decided to do some more digging.

Using the PDF audi supplies It shows that my ECU would be compatible with an older cruise module, but to work with the new unit it tells you you need a 8P0 953 549 F module. These are the most desirable as they also enable the use of a MFSW, and such the most expensive still £70-200.
At the moment I have no intention of fitting MFSW, I just wanted the cruise to work!

So from the list of modules that where compatible I found an 8P0 953 549,
I have a 1K0959653C slip ring, which I'd worked out wasn't compatible, so I also got a 1K0 959 653 slip ring.

Fitted them this morning and after going though the adaptation process it now works perfectly, and as it should with the set button on the end of the stalk functioning perfectly. And for considerably cheaper than the cost of a new ECU.

Joe

Reactions: dr_sean and slizza786