1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Retro fitting auto lights on a Audi a3 2015

Josh Schofield Oct 13, 2019

1. Josh Schofield

Josh Schofield New Member

Hi I am new to this forum and new to audi after owning vw golfs anyway got a 2015 audi sline a3 but it ain't got auto lights can they be programmed to work using something like carista or do u need to get some retro fit kit would love some help on this one please

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Depends on hardware initially & coding, something I've done for other owners.

4. Josh Schofield

How would I know

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Light sensor & of course auto position on the headlight switch, if the switch isn't in place then you'll need hardware.

6. Josh Schofield

No auto position on the light switch so I guess no light sensor so guessing I will need a auto light switch for starters

7. 88rsr

88rsr New Member

The rain and light sensor are mounted in a bracket on the windscreen wjich the rear view mirror clips over. If you wanted it factory you would have to have a new screen, new rear view mirror, along with the sensor itself and a new light switch.
    Failing that I believe you can buy kits which include a stick on light sensor to attach to the screen and a new light switch or there are variants where you tap into the wiring and it overrides the light switch when the sensor detects low light.

8. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Site Sponsor Team Ibis VAG Can Professional Gold Supporter VCDS Map User quattro ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Nope, new screen not required for MQB cars. Pop the mirror off and remove humidity sensor and replace with rain, light and humidity sensor. Swap light switch for one with auto position, make needed coding changes and enjoy auto lights, wipers and coming home / leaving home lights.

I do a number of these retrofits every week from my location in north London.

Josh Schofield likes this.
  9. Josh Schofield

So mine is a 2015 a3 sline to get coming home lights would I just have to get the sensor in the mirror and auto light switch replacement the car has day time running lights and auto climate did read somewhere this can make a difference

10. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Site Sponsor Team Ibis VAG Can Professional Gold Supporter VCDS Map User quattro ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

+ coding yes

Josh Schofield likes this.
  11. Josh Schofield

So how do u go about coding can u do it yourself or do you need a garage many thanks

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. DJAlix

Need a coding tool / application like VCDS or alike and the needed codings, visit someone like myself who can offer the complete retrofit, fit and code your supplied parts or just code your install.

14. Josh Schofield

Where are u based to bud and how much do u charge to do a refit

15. DJAlix

Based in Muswell Hill, North London and would ask £280.00 supplied, fitted and coded.

Am fully insured, only new Genuine OEM Audi parts are used and I supply a 2 years parts warranty and 2 years installation warranty.