retro fitting auto dimming mirror

did it make enough difference to want to run a wire all the way upto the existing mirror :idea:

tint your windows, less hassel and looks better. same effect and more..

I retrofitted this item onto my VW then Porsche in the states. Got the mirror with outside temp, compass etc...loved it, like you. Easy to fit just remove the old mirror and suction device from window (i went to a window fitter who done this in two secs, then attached the new one to the window). Fit the new item and run the wires along the headliner and pillar and ground the electrical wire alongside another power source.

I got my item in the states with instructions..worth looking over there not just for auto dimming but compass etc...which is more fun..lol....

:respekt: Game on Fella..

I would love one, anyone know part number/fitting guide?

From memory the mirror just twists off it's mount 90 degrees anti clockwise. I got the power from the light.

I've not long had 1 from an S4 with compass and have fitted it but only wired it up temporary at the mo

but am on hols at mo so will post pics when get back if it helps and part no.s i got was

1- 4Z7 857 511 (Auto dimming mirror w/compass)
2- 4B9 857 593 (cover)
3- 4B0 971 833 (6 pin connector)
4- 000 979 018 (wire)

my windows are already dark smoke all round but doesn't make a difference with most new Xenons and when you have a polish lorry without the lights adjusted!