Retro Fit Xenon Lights

A3FAN

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2005 Sportback with halogen lights, can anyone let me know if it is possibel to fit Xenon lights. I have seen all types of adverts for Xenon bulbs, but I would rather fit genuine bits to the car including the washers if necessary.

Thanks

B.

Yes can be done, you need the headlights which I've sold now but there's a few on here that have some for sale, also you need the adapters if you want bixenons, I have the bixenon adapters for sale as I didnt use mine given I rewired myself.

Hi, I have a 2005 Sportback with halogen lights, can anyone let me know if it is possibel to fit Xenon lights. I have seen all types of adverts for Xenon bulbs, but I would rather fit genuine bits to the car including the washers if necessary.

Thanks

B.

Don't forget Xenon headlights are also supposed to have automatic self-levelling as well as the washers.

How many have added these for aftermarket, lol, seriously its law for the lights but MOT doesnt check these, funny that huh, I have the levelling module, you'll need looms & sensor for each axle

I agree that it's not checked on the MOT at the moment, but the Department for Transports did tell me in an email some time ago that it may be included at some time in the future.

I agree that it's not checked on the MOT at the moment, but the Department for Transports did tell me in an email some time ago that it may be included at some time in the future.

I was told that too on the VOSA managers course. They will wait till they have a foolproof way of testing that doesnt cost anything to impliment :rolleyes:

Was going to say there's a range module on ebay but i guess Nigel will know this already..

hello folks,

I've got a 2010 a3 with the standard headlights, I wish to change the original headlights to the xenon plus headlights (DRLs). I know this isn't an easy task as I popped into the local Audi showroom and asked about this conversion and they said they don't have a script procedure for this and it would require new control units, wiring & re-programming and could be a trial and error experiment.

HAS ANYONE EVER DOES THIS? OR KNOW OF ANY GARAGE THAT CAN DO THIS?.......surely its possible for a reasonable price.

Thanks for any help.​