Retro fit heated seats?

AudiSport

Reaction score
Has anyone ever retro fitted heated seats to an Audi A4 Cabriolet that doesn't currently have them fitted?
Is this possible and what is involved?

Yes quite easy you need parts+coding. The parts you will need are the heating pannels for inside the seats, wiring loom for them and a climate control with heated seats on then once fitted you need to get it on vagcom.

With regards to obtaining a wiring loom, either from a donor vehicle or you can purchase from Kufatec >>Link Here<<
I have been told that some seats have the heater pads installed as standard - have never confirmed this myself as have the OEM factory option.

wanting to do this myself if i keep her, does anyone know if the loom of the car to the climate unit with the switches on is a standard loom and the feed for the switches is already there

Had to buy mine from kufatec as the looms were not installed they were about £54, and my seats did not have the heating elements even though they were leather so got them from hungary for £114 and bought a double din heater off a RS4 for £90 not a cheap mod but well worth it.

A friend at work has his own apolster bussiness re covering train seats so i gave them to him and got them back done cheated really.

a4 did you have any probs with the climate unit from a b7 im sure i read that they were differnt in some way, poss wiring

Had to buy mine from kufatec as the looms were not installed they were about �54, and my seats did not have the heating elements even though they were leather so got them from hungary for �114 and bought a double din heater off a RS4 for �90 not a cheap mod but well worth it.

Realising this is reviving a long since dead thread but do you remember where you got your heating elements from?? I'm looking to do the same retrofit to my B7 but trimmers want £500-£600 to do the non-OEM work. If I cobble the bits together and fit them myself I should be looking at £250 maybe...?

Anyone found a guide on taking the B6/B7 seats apart without setting off airbags etc etc??

Thanks for any help!

i only know of heated seats in the rear of a4's in america never seen one in the uk

Realising this is reviving a long since dead thread but do you remember where you got your heating elements from?? I'm looking to do the same retrofit to my B7 but trimmers want £500-£600 to do the non-OEM work. If I cobble the bits together and fit them myself I should be looking at £250 maybe...?

Anyone found a guide on taking the B6/B7 seats apart without setting off airbags etc etc??

Thanks for any help!

I looked into it and even stripped a front seat to take the elements out and realised in the process that I'd be mental to take my own sports seat apart to retro fit the elements. I'm not afraid of a bit of work (I ended up stripping the mechanism under my recaro seats that I ended up buying to replace a motor) but refitting the cloth or leather after installing the elements would be completely beyond me. I'd advise getting hold of a standard B6/B7 seat and strip it just for the practice. If you still feel confident afterwards go for it. There have been some tidy heated leather and half leather sets that have sold on ebay over the past few months. changing the full seats would be much easier and probably cheaper if the alternative is a professional trimmer.
Hope that's not too negative a response. Just thought it would be fair to throw in that warning.

Ideally I'd like a set of the half leather half aclantara (probably spelt wrong) seats but heated and retrofit them, just waiting for a set to come up!

Also I know the rear backrest can be a pain to remove/replace so fitting wouldn't be pleasant if I wanted all seats to match. If I can find a trimmer to fit heating elements and some aftermarket switches to the side of the seat for £250 I'll get it done, if not I'll have to wait for a good set to pop up on ebay!

Ideally I'd like a set of the half leather half aclantara (probably spelt wrong) seats but heated and retrofit them, just waiting for a set to come up!

Also I know the rear backrest can be a pain to remove/replace so fitting wouldn't be pleasant if I wanted all seats to match. If I can find a trimmer to fit heating elements and some aftermarket switches to the side of the seat for £250 I'll get it done, if not I'll have to wait for a good set to pop up on ebay!

I'd say changing the back seats is a walk in the park compared to recovering a seat or even most of the jobs i'd associate with my car :) Of course I can't say it's the same in a cabby as I've only done an avant.
This might interest you. My seat installation thread. Yours shouldn't be so extreme though as I swapped a lot of grey plastics to black at the same time. http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-a4-...ll-power-saloon-recaros-into-a4-b6-avant.html