Retro fit coming home lights..??

B7wragg

Reaction score
Hey all..

I'm wondering if it was possible to retro fit coming home lights..?

My previous mk5 GTI had it and I miss it..

My a4 doesn't have the sensor or auto lights feature.. Are there any whizz kids out there that have mastered it..

If you'd like full auto-lights and rain sensor its a new windscreen, mirror, light switch and a bit of a custom wiring loom at the very least. I've got all the bits ready, just building up to the windscreen :)

I think there may be a wiring frig you can do just to get the coming home lights - which without light sensor will come on regardless of time of day...

We site sponsors who could do this for you. Just send them a pm. Where you located?

@NHN @Ash187

Their really nothing special mate trust me.

I added coming home lights to my b7 s4 cab.
I did a write up on the how to
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...g-home-switch-conversion.240197/#post-2406975

You just need a couple of yellow repair wires and the CH/LH switch if you don't already have one.

If you don't have the auto lights or rain sensor you can still do it. I don't have them either. You just have to set in vcds that a rain sensor is on anyway and it should work fine. The coming home lights just come on in the day time too as theres no light sensor, which isn't a problem.

Wondering if this would be possible to do this but with the side lights and not the fog lights.. As I have after market head lights with the side lights being LED strips..

I don't really see why not. You could just send the signal wire from the the CH/lh switch to the side light wire instead of the fog wire i suppose. Give it a try? Worst, it doesn't work and you can wire to fogs like normal?

Is there anyone who can do this for me I would love the fog lights to come on when I unlock the car but I'm useless with wiring?

Is there anyone who can do this for me I would love the fog lights to come on when I unlock the car but I'm useless with wiring?
Where are you based? We have site sponsors that do retrofitting work.

Changing which lights the coming home isn't as easy as you would think as the computer board does all the work. It just simply sends the power down a wire which is predefined. If you change that wire (sidelight or fog light) then it would permanently change that function as there isn't a dedicated c/h light wire.
Only way it can be changed is if the function exists in the central electrics module like the newer cars have

So are you saying it can't be done...??
Changing which lights the coming home isn't as easy as you would think as the computer board does all the work. It just simply sends the power down a wire which is predefined. If you change that wire (sidelight or fog light) then it would permanently change that function as there isn't a dedicated c/h light wire.
Only way it can be changed is if the function exists in the central electrics module like the newer cars have
a

There is a way to make the lights on the fog lights come on with a wiring mod. I have done it on several cars including my old A3 which also didn't have the coding.

Yes it can be done. Pm me for prices