1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retro black pack?

garethld Sep 30, 2018

1. garethld

garethld Member

Just re entering S3 ownership. I’ve bought a 2015 5 door sportback. Has anyone had any experience of getting rid of the chrome in favour of the black pack retrospectively? Looking for some pointers and an idea of cost?

Thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. RAF_S7

RAF_S7 Well-Known Member Team V8 Gold Supporter Team Sepang Audi S7 A7 Owner Group Black Edition

Wrap the chrome in matt black.

That’s what I’ve done on my 7. Had it on 2 years now and no issues. Only a very close inspection would reveal it as wrapped.

This is all wrapped chrome around the windows, including bottom of the mirrors - top is a carbon cap.

[​IMG]

4. garethld

garethld Member

good plan. how much were you charged?

5. Timi8888

Timi8888 Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi S3 S tronic

Will be £40-£80 for grille. £120-£200 for window surrounds.

6. jassyo06

jassyo06 Voodoo Man ! Gold Supporter Audi S3 Black Edition Porsche Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon

Best to go with a high gloss black wrap on the S3 more oem looking

unitzero likes this.
  7. s3bow

s3bow Member

Been thinking about this myself on my FL sportback but wondered what to do with the grille ? There's a lot of fiddly chrome on there and the rest of the grille is matte grey. If I had just the chrome bits wrapped what would that look like against the grey ? Only other way that I've seen done is to disassemble the grille totally and paint the lot either gloss black or matte black back with gloss on the chrome bits.

Chris.

8. unitzero

unitzero MK7 GTI Audi A4 Black Edition

I’ve been quoted around £320-£360 all in for grill, window surrounds and diffuser to be “dechromed”

The car doesn’t even have a build date yet

Not fussed about the other benefits of the black edition so didn’t want to spend over £1k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jassyo06 likes this.
  9. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Well-Known Member

These threads does make me think(maybe just me getting old).
    Not that long ago body coloured mirrors and chrome trim was expensive options as oppose to black trim which was standard. Now we have gone the other way, black trim is the expensive option and we want rid of the standard chrome. :wink:
    Wonder what the next trend will be..... maybe 3 spoke wheels will make a come back

s3bow likes this.
  10. Timi8888

Timi8888 Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi S3 S tronic

I myself actually went for the chrome look cos prefer it! I’m not even old.

11. s3bow

s3bow Member

Oh god. 3 spoke alloys !! imagine that ! You must be as old as me :)

Chris.

AlS3BE likes this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Well-Known Member

upload_2018-10-2_21-22-26.jpeg

14. garethld

garethld Member

Going in next weds for all the chrome to be wrapped black and the windows to be tinted. Will post the results up once i have a decent photo. Also doing wing mirror caps. Will go black gloss throughout