Retro-activate SatNav?

Ballanardo

Reaction score
Hi all

I’ve lately bought a 2012 A4 Avant Allroad. Is it possible to ask my local Audi dealer to retro-activate SatNav, which the car lacks, or is it not possible to do this? If it isn’t possible, can anyone recommend an alternative product that would use the existing vehicle screen?

Many thanks

David

Hi all

I’ve lately bought a 2012 A4 Avant Allroad. Is it possible to ask my local Audi dealer to retro-activate SatNav, which the car lacks, or is it not possible to do this? If it isn’t possible, can anyone recommend an alternative product that would use the existing vehicle screen?

Many thanks

David
I’ve read about someone who done it but it cost him thousands! I’m not sure if Audi would even offer it but if they would I’d be intrigued to see how much for (so if you do ask, please share the feedback).

I didn’t have sat nav, don’t have MMI or even AMI in my glovebox but I have retro-fitted CarPlay into my 2010 A4 Allroad. I now have sat nav (google maps), touch screen when in this mode, I can play my music through speakers, make phone calls, reply to texts & WhatsApp via Siri, and also added a rear view camera. It didn’t come without it’s problems, but in communication with the company trying to resolve the issues I have (only a couple left to sort really - it’s just because I’m picky, might not bother most). Almost there though & once sorted I will upload a guide of some sort.

I’ve read about someone who done it but it cost him thousands! I’m not sure if Audi would even offer it but if they would I’d be intrigued to see how much for (so if you do ask, please share the feedback).

I didn’t have sat nav, don’t have MMI or even AMI in my glovebox but I have retro-fitted CarPlay into my 2010 A4 Allroad. I now have sat nav (google maps), touch screen when in this mode, I can play my music through speakers, make phone calls, reply to texts & WhatsApp via Siri, and also added a rear view camera. It didn’t come without it’s problems, but in communication with the company trying to resolve the issues I have (only a couple left to sort really - it’s just because I’m picky, might not bother most). Almost there though & once sorted I will upload a guide of some sort.

@dkingy11 : What product did you use? Rsnav?