Retaining Water After Washing/Rain

daytonamart

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Chaps,

I have noticed that after cleaning the car water is retained in the engine area.

I noticed this on Saturday as after cleaning I always go for a drive to dry the brakes of and a lot of water was released when going round corners.

After the rain at the weekend again the water has been retained somewhere and is slowly dripping itself out.

it appears a drainage hole is blocked somewhere, after a bit of research it may be under the wiper area?

Has anyone experienced this or can guide me to where the problem may be?

Mart.

i had something similar on my q5 behind my petrol cap it kept filling with water so all i did is blaster the hose down the hole a few time and it worked a treat

Reactions: Sandra and daytonamart
No one cleans them out at so it just builds up with dirt over the years.

Reactions: daytonamart
Okay, so all cleared out. It turned put to be the drain holes below the plenum chamber and out under the car which was the problem. Kudos to B5NUT!

Thought I'd get a full service done whilst the car was in and I had feared a sticky front caliper. Turns out both fronts were sticking and I was still getting 50 mpg, result.

Both front calipers replaced including new disks and pads. Full service and a new OSR coil replaced too, noisy tensioner pulley also replaced while they were in there.

Now a grand lighter, gulp. Should be okay for the MOT in Feb!!