**RESOLVED**Received Relentless downpipe with a shipping bill from China...WHAT??!?!

marlow what was your delievry time from order i have waited a week and a half and have had no reply from my pm to sam ,i need the part by saturday and am starting to get worried??

I also got stung with this "inspection charge" and I was also under the impression that they were shipped from UK, took it up with Sam, offered to pay half, never did.. If I knew this charge was coming I would not have been bothered but getting an unexpected bill that I was totally unaware of ****** me off

Surely everyone knows the deal with Sam and relentless? As said in the second reply, Sam merely facilitates the sale, nothing more, and this is widely known and has never been hidden.

You imported something, you pay import tax. Simples.
I'm with prawn everyone knows what Sam does.......... Also you try and find another product as good quality for the same price or cheaper. Ain't going to happen! Everyone I've spoke to and heard from apart from this incident has been more than happy with Sam Bryants go between service. When I bought downpipe and sports cat from him it was the quickest I've ever received an item from AMERICA.

Sean

no not everyone knows what "Sam does", if he is selling goods imported or not and possible customs or inspection chargers can be occurred he should make the buyer aware of this regardless of cost end of.

no not everyone knows what "Sam does", if he is selling goods imported or not and possible customs or inspection chargers can be occurred he should make the buyer aware of this regardless of cost end of.

Then you need to do more research before sending your money to a random guy on facebook! ;)

Reactions: s33nyboy12
hardly random,i knew from what others had said on here and from who and what he sold he was the fella to contact if i needed to get hold of these parts.

Im i still to know "what Sam does" ? yea i do,he sells exhausts, and as far as i was aware it was in the UK.

who doesn't deal with a faceless person trading sending/receiving money online now days ??

He gets away with it as he does his trading on facebook,would other sellers with companies get away with this,no.

But its done now,im glad i was not the only one and as far as i can tell there are a few more ,hopefully this thread will make more aware of the possible charges if they stumble across this thread.

Maybe it's just me then but because I've bought a lot of stuff from foreign countries I've come to expect a tax/ inspection cost / customs cost / or excess postal cost. I've only had a handful of items that haven't incurred one. The downpipe and cat I bought didn't cost me any more than what Sam said it would.

Sean

Originally Posted by s33nyboy12
Sam..... What's your paypal addy my friend?
you will be paying relentless.
paypal only, pay in $USD

the k04 downpipe with sports cat is $375 shipped, send payment to
boost69boost69@gmail.com
please provide this information
what you have ordered (k04 downpipe with sports cat )
name,
full address including uk
phone number
email

mark payment as personal payment owed (not gift) and quote SAM01 to get this price.
they will send you a email to say that your order has been placed.
Please let me know when you have paid for my records.
any problems just give me a shout
thanks
sam

above is the pm sent to me by Sam Bryant,

Now ive been following this and just a few things id like to add,

1, What Sam 'Does' is fine with me, he is a rep, you want a DP you send payment, he works with the company to send it out, thats no different (in my eyes) to the cold callers from sky or talk talk that knock your door

2, anything that comes from over seas does run the risk of import tax, but what they do is send you a letter telling you so you dont get the parcel untill the fee is paid

3, If they were in the UK then there wouldnt be a need to go thro Sam

4, just to **** a few people off when i ordered mine i was expecting an import tax latter, but nothing, it arrived and i was over the moon with it

5, everyone knows Relentless give the numbers everyone wants, show me a miltek/custom DP that will get that amount of power for anywhere near that low price

Cant be done, so for the sake of £15 it isnt all that bad, and defo not worth getting over excited about on a forum, put it another way, that £15 would do about 55miles in your car if you drive properly, so come on REALLY

Reactions: s33nyboy12
Luckily I didn't get stung by any import tax for the DP and sports cat I ordered from Sam (4 working days and it turned up).

However it was my first time in sending money through PayPal and the amount PayPal took of me to send it was a bit of a shock!

It could of been worse, the V3 DP works well....

Luckily I didn't get stung by any import tax for the DP and sports cat I ordered from Sam (4 working days and it turned up).

However it was my first time in sending money through PayPal and the amount PayPal took of me to send it was a bit of a shock!

There shouldn't be any charge to send money via PayPal, its the receiver that pays a fee?

There shouldn't be any charge to send money via PayPal, its the receiver that pays a fee?

Si its free only if you are sending it as a gift using money direct from your bank account, if you use your credit card or debit card you incur a charge.

Slightly off topic but nearly everything is made in China these days. Your iPhone = China. Not exactly shoddy. Topman, River Island, all high street clothes = China, India, Philippines. Kitchen appliances, electronics, CAR stuff = China.

It's only shoddy if you buy shoddy stuff. Don't label everything from China as shoddy. Generalising a nation/group of people is racist and I'm sure will be against the ToC's of the site. It's like saying everyone in the UK drinks Pimms and sounds like Hugh Grant. That's not true though as I sound like them lot from Geordie Shore, divvint aah?

Back on topic: yes you weren't expecting additional charges after buying the goods as you expected it from the UK but £15 isn't the normal % cost + VAT as you normally get with customs charges on a high-value item.

unfortunately.. CN gets its own reputation On Its Own! by making and selling shyte... along side the decent Branded Stuff.

Folks remember the bad far more than the good.

unfortunately.. CN gets its own reputation On Its Own! by making and selling shyte... along side the decent Branded Stuff.

Folks remember the bad far more than the good.

True, BUT, that's like saying that all of the UK working age population are lazy benefit-cheats, which you and I know isn't 100% true.

recieved my dp and decat today and would like to thank sam for all his help, i pm'd him worrying that it wouldnt be here in time and he chased the order and got a tracking number for me and did everything he could to resolve my concerns. I think its worth remebering that this probably isn't sam's day in day out job and he is doing this to help people (even if he gets a cut). if we didnt have sam every one would have to go through xs and look at the horror stories there

Si its free only if you are sending it as a gift using money direct from your bank account, if you use your credit card or debit card you incur a charge.

Ah, cheers for clarifying, use PayPal alot :salute:

I just wanna add my 2 cents to this thread. I recently bought a V3 Manifold, Downpipe, and sports Cat. Obviously this is an after market product so thoroughly read up on it before purchase.

Trailing through the numerous threads and Facebook pages I was made aware at some point that it was an import and that there was a high possibility of Import Taxes/VAT and even a handling fee from the courier. I do not feel this was not made clear by Sam but I eventually ordered the parts direct through them (cant remember how) and when I got the goods, quicker than I anticipated, they were also from China.

This worried me a bit as it did the OP but after rechecking, what I thought I already knew, it was O.K. I then received a bill a few days later from FedEx or whoever it was for the exact charges I knew may turn up AFTER I had received the goods. This is not unusual and if it had been sent Via Royal Mail it would have sat in a clearing house with delivery to your door having to be paid ON TOP of original postage costs or collect it from there yourself.

I was happy with the charges as the items were under valued on the delivery note at £30 but a bit peeved that 75% of it was due to FedEx handling charge of about £10. I do not feel that the OP is wrong but do feel that I found it clear when checking about the product that it was an Import that MAY incur charges at some point. I do feel sorry for the OP that he did not know this but do not feel that Sam is solely to blame and am glad Sam will make it MORE clear in the future after advice.

Hope this post helps to clear up any parts purchasing in the future for anyone :)

Last edited by a moderator: