Resetting the Oil Service message

aphill24

Reaction score
Hi, After spending quite a lot of money this time getting the car through the mot I decided to do some work myself. I have quite enjoyed the experience of getting the hands dirty again after many years of doing literally nothing myself rather than drive it to a garage and pick it back up.

I changed the oil & filter two weeks ago and mentioned to my mate (mechanic) who did the work I couldn't do myself, that the service indicator needed resetting. I wasn't bothered by this and was going to just ignore it. I was thinking maybe buying the carista to reset it eventually but he noted that the car will not do a re-gen due to it thinking the oil has not been changed and that the quality of oil is not good enough to carry out a re-gen?

He has now very kindly reset it for me for free. I have learned one thing that ignoring certain things leads to potentially further problems up the line.

Just hoping this information helps anyone else who ignores the reset.

PS: Is the carista able to reset the service indicator or do I have to spend more money on vcds diagnostic tool?

Thanks Scotty, The service due message was the one I meant that came up and it states it is not free. It states $39.99 for a years membership to be able to use it as a dealer would.

You can either check VCDS user(s) around you who might be able to help reset it or perhaps ask you local indie and they might do it for you for a small charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: scotty76
Thanks Scotty, The service due message was the one I meant that came up and it states it is not free. It states $39.99 for a years membership to be able to use it as a dealer would.
Could use the 1 day unlock code for $9.99 instead. Still be cheaper than going to the dealers. :)

Reactions: aphill24 and V6_Man