Resetting Exhaust Valves RS3 8V FL DAZA

Jamieoz

Reaction score
Hi guys, I need some help…

My car has previously had its exhaust valves unplugged. I therefore put the car in dynamic, turned it off and plugged them back in. The problem now is the car thinks that when it’s in dynamic it needs to shut the valves, and when it’s in comfort it opens them. They’re the wrong way round.

how can I refert this, I’ve been to Audi and had it plugged in but that doesn’t work, so I’m thinking about putting it in comfort mode to open the valves, unplug and switch into dynamic, then plug back in, would this work?

Does sound like the modules are confused lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try as you state, as there possibly isn't a position sensor, without checking etka I can't be sure.

How would you think to swap them?

If they are in a closed state when you select dynamic , switch off, wait 15/20 mins then unplug them.
Leave unplugged, switch on but don’t start, select comfort, switch off, wait say another 15/20 mins until everything shuts down, don’t open doors or anything, then plug them back in, clear any errors in the ECU and start up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no module, the engine ECU controls both of the the flaps. The start / end points for the flap are determined using internal current measurements. An exhaust flap mechanical malfunction fault is thrown under the ECU if the car doesn't like the values seen. The motor spins in one direction for open and the other for closed so it would not make sense for them to be confused to run opposite. The RS3 has no adaptation procedure for the flaps either unlike something like the RS5.

This is an odd one! Are you certain both exhaust flaps are operating and not seized? Are there any fault codes for the exhaust flaps?