Reset service light?

S3 finatic

Limp mode
Reaction score
The service light is on, on my A3 54 plate TDI sport and i would like to know if it is possible to turn it off without vag?
I would normally take it into the garage, but i am now servicing the car myself.

No mate, you need vcds or a friendly garage.

think it tells you in manual a quick search on google will tell you the correct answer from memory think you pull either trip button or clock button towards you for 6 seconds then twist to reset or select option however you need vagcom to change the service plan:icon_thumright:

you need a garage unless it was just a flash up for an oil change you can reset as it shows in your manual

Matey, when I had my 54 plate 1.9 TDi SE I bought this lead to reset the service light, but never once used it, then sold the car. If you want it, let me know and I'll pop it in the post for you. I have VCDS now and it wouldn't work on my current car anyway. :wub: Paula x

VW Audi Seat Skoda Service interval Reset Tool

I don't want anything for it Bud, just want it to go to someone who will use it as it's sat in a drawer for the past 4 years and never been used. If the OP doesn't get back to me, you can have it or maybe you/he can use it first and then post it on so you can both have your service lights reset :). x

Reactions: The Engineer and vincenzo_2k
Cheers Paullie, now Pm you. If you message me your address The Engineer, i will pass it onto you once mine is done. And yes it is just to reset my service light..

Reactions: The Engineer
Thanks Paullie and thanks S3 Finatic.

i will pm you tomorrow and let you know as i maybe able to get mine done
at a friends of a friends garage. :rockwoot:

Nice one guys! Will send it out on Monday to S3 Finatic. Perhaps it can do the rounds and be the ASN communal service light resetter, so if anyone else needs it, let us know :wub: x