Res delete

M12RJX

Reaction score
Hello

Can anyone tell me what it costs to get the res delete mod done on my s3? Based in leicester so just wanted to see roughly what it would cost if i went to my local exhaust/mr tyre or if i was to buy the pipe and get it fitted price?

Just so i know what to expect! Thanks

Go for the BCS drone delete pipe, you don’t want to save a couple of pennies here.

Reactions: BCS Nige and oli356
Il google one of them now lol thanks didnt realise there was some that give a bad drone sound to it better be careful

BCS Res delete with fitting cost be £250, worth every penny. Don't cut corners with this sort of thing

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: BCS Nige and Lehn
Any preference between ECS or BCS?

I’ve been considering doing this as I wouldn’t say no to a little more exhaust volume but I don’t want the result to end up sounding like I should be hanging out in car parks with the local teenagers and their modified Corsa’s.

What are your thoughts from those of you guys that have had it done?

BCD for sure as it uses the Helmholtz principal for drone reduction whereas the ECS is just a straight pipe.

Hope this helps...
Cheers
Nige

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Reactions: Tej13 and unitzero
That sounds awesome, looking to do this to my S3 soon. Do you have any video showing what it sounds like with the valve open vs closed?

That sounds awesome, looking to do this to my S3 soon. Do you have any video showing what it sounds like with the valve open vs closed?

PFL open vs closed. I open them half way through the vid after a pause or something.

With BCS res delete
Deffo a noticeable difference when closed at 70mph and above.

Thanks for the vid!

A few more questions; Did you have it in Dynamic? I see Lehn did. If so, is it quieter in Auto?
Just trying to figure out if I'd have the pops and bangs on all the time or if I can make a bit more "civilised" for the day to day drive.

Not sure if it was in dynamic , not sure what difference it would make anyway tbh as the valves are controlled with a button and not by the car anymore. The gearbox being in 'sport' might make some difference.. but don't really get any pops and bangs imo from a PFL , unlike Lehn where he does :p

Valves open and res delete is civilised enough anyway still imo.. albeit I can still get heads turning if in sports gearbox and putting foot down a bit.

Reactions: IgorFB
My FL S3 gets loads of pops and bangs in sport. However just in dynamic, it sounds a lot sportier but less pops and bangs, more "sensible". That's driving in automatic, not manual as if in manual you'd get more.

We used this pipe....absolutely nothing wrong with it whatsoever, some people I know run over 400hp with it and ZERO restrictions

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-S3-8V-Centre-resonator-mid-silencer-delete-pipe-deres-pipe/362119373404?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I have just put the res delete on my car & what a difference its made!! Now the droning i here people saying does happen, at around 3,000 rpm it does drone in dynamic. 60-70mph on the motorway in eco, there is no drone. You hear motorway noise & tyre noise more than anything.

Enclosed streets & indoor car parks are now my fav place to be. Please be warned, MPG does drop because your right foot is more intense on that throttle:thumbs up::yahoo:

Reactions: Oreo5000 and Lehn
Not sure if it was in dynamic , not sure what difference it would make anyway tbh as the valves are controlled with a button and not by the car anymore. The gearbox being in 'sport' might make some difference.. but don't really get any pops and bangs imo from a PFL , unlike Lehn where he does :p

Valves open and res delete is civilised enough anyway still imo.. albeit I can still get heads turning if in sports gearbox and putting foot down a bit.

My FL S3 gets loads of pops and bangs in sport. However just in dynamic, it sounds a lot sportier but less pops and bangs, more "sensible". That's driving in automatic, not manual as if in manual you'd get more.

Thank you both, I think I'm going to pull the trigger and do it.

Reactions: Lehn, Adam14 and Carl_S3
I have just put the res delete on my car & what a difference its made!! Now the droning i here people saying does happen, at around 3,000 rpm it does drone in dynamic. 60-70mph on the motorway in eco, there is no drone. You hear motorway noise & tyre noise more than anything.

Enclosed streets & indoor car parks are now my fav place to be. Please be warned, MPG does drop because your right foot is more intense on that throttle:thumbs up::yahoo:
Does having the gearbox in D or S make any different to the sound? Or do you have to put it in Comfort to get it back to sounding as it did stock?

Does having the gearbox in D or S make any different to the sound? Or do you have to put it in Comfort to get it back to sounding as it did stock?
It'll never sound stock! Best way to describe it is that after Res delete dynamic sounds like sport mode before the Res delete. Then sport mode after Res delete is a whole new level.

My res delete goes on Today, cannot wait. Multi Storeys here I come!

Reactions: oli356
Still haven’t installed my BCS Res Delete I got a few months ago :whistle2: meant to get it installed before Christmas but had to cancel due to work.

Might have to get it rebooked if I end up keeping the car :icon thumright:

In D it's a much nicer sound with abit more noise. If you put in S i can only describe it as been as close to the sound of the exhaust on an RS3. One of the lads at work has an RS3 & when both cars are warm & in sport they are as loud as each other, only thing been the rs3 is a 5 pot haha :footy:

Mines only ever in eco or dynamic. Eco you can tell there is a nice little note at low rpm but its manageable. Videos on you tube do no justice !!

:thumbs up:

Okay wow, res delete fitted. It is night and day. My valves are closed and the noise is manageable. Narrow streets make for ALOT of DSG fun! Honestly recommend so much!

Reactions: Carl_S3 and Adam14
Okay wow, res delete fitted. It is night and day. My valves are closed and the noise is manageable. Narrow streets make for ALOT of DSG fun! Honestly recommend so much!
Everyone says this...myself included. For such a "cheap" mod it makes a huge difference, glad you enjoy it!

Thanks mate, took it on motorways, carparks, back rounds, The works. The drone people are experiencing personally isn't a huge issue and I find it "sporty" if you will aha!

Thanks mate, took it on motorways, carparks, back rounds, The works. The drone people are experiencing personally isn't a huge issue and I find it "sporty" if you will aha!

yeah mate my point exactly, ok their is a slight drone but a sporty drone if that's such a thing haha. Enclosed streets, past parked cars make very very fun DSG noise :yahoo::whistle2: enjoy :thumbs up:

Reactions: Lehn
About 8 months later but that's because it was the first time I had the time to travel up to BCS to get it done.

Haha nice. I've only had mine for about 2 weeks and I'm just thinking of how best to do this. It's a long drive from London so I might get it delivered and get it done somewhere local..

In D it's a much nicer sound with abit more noise. If you put in S i can only describe it as been as close to the sound of the exhaust on an RS3. One of the lads at work has an RS3 & when both cars are warm & in sport they are as loud as each other, only thing been the rs3 is a 5 pot haha :footy:

Mines only ever in eco or dynamic. Eco you can tell there is a nice little note at low rpm but its manageable. Videos on you tube do no justice !!

:thumbs up:
Cheers Carl, I think I'm finally sold!
Does putting the gearbox in D keep things fairly civilised? I.e. I'm guessing the valves are still closed and you avoid any pops and bangs until you switch over to S?

Just out of curiosity why Eco over say Comfort? I couldnt see any difference in mpg on a long run.

Reactions: Carl_S3
Hope this helps...
Cheers
Nige
Thanks Nige,
Do you still offer this product for FL 8V's? (2017, 3 door, auto) because I tried to look for it on your site and it said 'no products available' when I selected my car. I also tried to use your contact form and it said 'an error occured'
Cheers

Does putting the gearbox in D keep things fairly civilised? I.e. I'm guessing the valves are still closed and you avoid any pops and bangs until you switch over to S?
If you're in D and not in manual mode, then yes it is more civilised. The engine tone is much deeper, you will still got some pops and bangs but no where near as frequent.

Reactions: Oreo5000
Thanks Nige,
Do you still offer this product for FL 8V's? (2017, 3 door, auto) because I tried to look for it on your site and it said 'no products available' when I selected my car. I also tried to use your contact form and it said 'an error occured'
Cheers
Thanks - yes sorry new site under construction currently - will have all the new products and media included.
Please call me on 01744 610244 and I'll get one organized if required... cheers Nige

Thanks - yes sorry new site under construction currently - will have all the new products and media included.
Please call me on 01744 610244 and I'll get one organized if required... cheers Nige
No worries Nige. How much would I be looking at in total (including shipping)?

Cheers Carl, I think I'm finally sold!

Just out of curiosity why Eco over say Comfort? I couldnt see any difference in mpg on a long run.

Yeah mate fairly civilised, there is more noise than before though. A sporty sound not too in your face. But get it in S & change down from 3rd to 2nd at 3000rpm & let the pops n bangs roll :readit:

There isn't a massive difference, i find it quieter in Eco :thumbs up:

Reactions: Oreo5000 and Lehn
No worries Nige. How much would I be looking at in total (including shipping)?
Not sure if you got an answer! But mine was £245 without install. £265 for installation if I remember rightly

Reactions: Oreo5000