Res Delete Fitted

HulkRS3

Kyalami RS3 Saloon
Reaction score
Fitted a res delete on my S3 8Y.

Previously had the BCS Powervalve Anti-Drone pipe on my 8V and was worried about not having an Anti-Drone pipe on the new one but I'm very impressed with it. Car has only just tripped 1000 miles but I personally feel the pops/bangs are far louder and better on the 8Y compared to the 8V. Small video here from the 8Y I took yesterday coming down through the gears in Individual.

https://i.imgur.com/ExjD9Pi.mp4

I've done 200 miles in mine I have it booked in at btg performance on the 16th I carnt wait. Does it sound any louder outside the car apart from the pops and bangs?

I've done 200 miles in mine I have it booked in at btg performance on the 16th I carnt wait. Does it sound any louder outside the car apart from the pops and bangs?

yeah it’s definitely louder outside the car too but with anything else it will bed in and get louder over time. My valves are permanently opened as well.

yeah it’s definitely louder outside the car too but with anything else it will bed in and get louder over time. My valves are permanently opened as well.

Excellent.
Did they code them to stay open?
I asked this when I was on the phone to them but I I think it was the guys wife which answered so she said she wasn't sure on this but the lads would know better.
How much did you pay all in of you don't mind me asking?

They have ordered me a milltek pipe for mine not sure of that's good or not lol

Excellent.
Did they code them to stay open?
I asked this when I was on the phone to them but I I think it was the guys wife which answered so she said she wasn't sure on this but the lads would know better.
How much did you pay all in of you don't mind me asking?

They have ordered me a milltek pipe for mine not sure of that's good or not lol
I fitted mine myself. Literally a 10 minute job so just paid for the pipe. I done the valves myself by disconnecting them at the back box.

to do this:

start the car > put it into dynamic > go to the back box and unplug both of the valves.

by default they open at idle, and then close when moving until above 3000rpm. When unplugged they are open permanently.

Ok mate cheers for this the pipe is 140 from them and 30 to fit.
Al tell them about unplugging the connection. Will it not get damp tho?

Ok mate cheers for this the pipe is 140 from them and 30 to fit.
Al tell them about unplugging the connection. Will it not get damp tho?

I’ve cable tied food bags around them to keep them dry but never bothered with my 8V. Had that 3 years and never had any trouble, not that they were ever plugged back in.

with the valves, I’m sure the engine has to be running so may be worth passing that info on too. Very simple job anybody could do.

Reactions: Harny86
Hey mate, can I bother you to take some more videos of the new sound after the res delete?
i'm really debating whether I should remove my resonator on my brand new S3.
Even though it has some nice pops sometimes it still sounds a bit pale to me

Reactions: Harny86
Hey mate, can I bother you to take some more videos of the new sound after the res delete?
i'm really debating whether I should remove my resonator on my brand new S3.
Even though it has some nice pops sometimes it still sounds a bit pale to me

another one that was recorded on an iPhone 11 Pro.

Reactions: SleAze

another one that was recorded on an iPhone 11 Pro.

I'd feel a rite $$$$head if my car popped and banged like that but there again I am 40 the teens and twenty somethings seem to love it
but personally I don't see the appeal it just make it sound like a pimped out Corsa. Just my opinion of course

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06
I'd feel a rite $$$$head if my car popped and banged like that but there again I am 40 the teens and twenty somethings seem to love it
but i personally I don't see the appeal it just make it sound like a pimped out Corsa. Just my opinion of course
I hate to break it to you but they do this from factory, just a little louder with the res delete.

Reactions: db23 and Harny86
but personally I don't see the appeal it just make it sound like a pimped out Corsa. Just my opinion of course

I'm 35 and I love it.
Maybe you should be looking at getting a totally different car

Reactions: Moots and HulkRS3
Sounds a lot better bud, definitely muted as standard on the 8y.

Must sound nice on wide open throttle. I'm guessing the pops are naturally louder as your exhaust valves are open at lower revs?

Sounds a lot better bud, definitely muted as standard on the 8y.

Must sound nice on wide open throttle. I'm guessing the pops are naturally louder as your exhaust valves are open at lower revs?
Yes mate. Forgot to add my valves are perm open too so that will make a difference, although most of them come between 3-4K when they would be open anyway I think. Will get a few more clips soon.

I'm 35 and I love it.
Maybe you should be looking at getting a totally different car

Lol :fearscream: what ever floats your boat .
I'am not looking at getting the 8y as its a step backwards from the 8v imho and a lot of other peoples .

My 8v doesn't .
You’re not driving it hard enough then lol, all the S3s are programmed and leave the factory with the ability to pop and bang in certain modes and Rev ranges. Your S3 most certainly will do it.

You’re not driving it hard enough then lol, all the S3s are programmed and leave the factory with the ability to pop and bang in certain modes and Rev ranges. Your S3 most certainly will do it.

I've never heard it pop and bang in just shy of two years could be something to doing with the WLTP coming into play in the 2019 year model .

Agreed ...to me its attention seeking and more knowledgeable people would know the exhaust sound has been tampered with l wouldn't even consider doing this to my forthcoming new car I'd
Save money and get an akrapovic or milltek exhaust etc etc

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: John Pilkington and Mr Freeze
Agreed ...to me its attention seeking and more knowledgeable people would know the exhaust sound has been tampered with l wouldn't even consider doing this to my forthcoming new car I'd

Res deletes don’t give the impression of being ‘tampered’ with lol. It’s the exact same sound before and after just louder. I’d have an Akra on my S3, but as you’ll be well aware they don’t make them for it.

WLTP wouldn’t affect it either, those cars do it too.

Res deletes don’t give the impression of being ‘tampered’ with lol. It’s the exact same sound before and after just louder. I’d have an Akra on my S3, but as you’ll be well aware they don’t make them for it.

Mine doesn't not even in the slightest .

2019 models onwards had the Petrol Particulate Filter fitted which stopped the pops and bangs - Tend to be better as they get hotter but not as good as the 2018 models and before

Reactions: Mr Freeze
Mine doesn't not even in the slightest .

as I said, they’re all programmed to do it you just need to know how to. My mates 8V is wltp, they’re pretty faint but can still hear em. Usually around 4K revs in 2nd and 1st.

as I said, they’re all programmed to do it you just need to know how to. My mates 8V is wltp.

You just need to know how to do it really ??? what put your foot down and let off the pedal .
My car does not pop and bang in any mode or any speed . Your mates must be pimped out also

Last edited:
Lol :fearscream: what ever floats your boat .
I'am not looking at getting the 8y as its a step backwards from the 8v imho and a lot of other peoples .

And alot of other people's?lol Dont worry what other people have mate you get a car that suits you.You clearly don't like the 8y which is your view and that is fine we all think differently.
You say the 8y is a step backwards but your sitting on home on a 8y thread I would say that was backwards.

2019 models onwards had the Petrol Particulate Filter fitted which stopped the pops and bangs - Tend to be better as they get hotter but not as good as the 2018 models and before

Tried telling him it doesn't pop and bang but he knows best

Reactions: Sparks43
And alot of other people's?lol Dont worry what other people have mate you get a car that suits you.You clearly don't like the 8y which is your view and that is fine we all think differently.
You say the 8y is a step backwards but your sitting on home on a 8y thread I would say that was backwards.

Sure everybody likes different thing and have their own opinion .
I go on the Rs3 and R8 threads too and I haven't got one of those either . You need to broaden your horizons pal if you just stay on the 8y threads

Yep attention seeking and makes you look a $$$$ in the process :laughing:

Sure everybody likes different thing and have their own opinion .
I go on the Rs3 and R8 threads too and I haven't got one of those either . You need to broaden your horizons pal if you just stay on the 8y threads

I come on a 8y thread as that's what I'm driving Pal! I come on for information and ideas,A bit help.
I don't go on other forums as I'm not interested I'd rather have family time or chill with a few beers and watch the football.

Reactions: HulkRS3 and JohnM100
I don’t go for urban noise but good to know the 8Y isn’t totally muted and can make noise. Other manufacturers have already shown they can do it post WLTP.

Reactions: auzzam_crd
Fitted a res delete on my S3 8Y.

Previously had the BCS Powervalve Anti-Drone pipe on my 8V and was worried about not having an Anti-Drone pipe on the new one but I'm very impressed with it. Car has only just tripped 1000 miles but I personally feel the pops/bangs are far louder and better on the 8Y compared to the 8V. Small video here from the 8Y I took yesterday coming down through the gears in Individual.

https://i.imgur.com/ExjD9Pi.mp4

If you don't mind me asking did you do this yourself? Was there a kit for it.

A friend of mine is looking to do the same but wanted to know the rough cost.

If you don't mind me asking did you do this yourself? Was there a kit for it.

A friend of mine is looking to do the same but wanted to know the rough cost.
I done it myself. It’s fairly idiot proof if I’m honest. It’s clamped on and the clamp itself is about 6 inches long both sides so your cut doesn’t need to be spot on my a long margin. It’s about £140 for the pipe and £20-40 for a chain pipe cutter.

I've just had mine done.its a little bit louder but no pops or bangs?o have not disconnected the cables tho?

Up to you if you disconnect them or not. It definitely better without them in.
Did you unclip both sides mate also can I ask how you done it as I have seen a few videos mate but I will try your way.

The box were the cable goes have you just left the open or blanked it somehow mate?

Did you unclip both sides mate also can I ask how you done it as I have seen a few videos mate but I will try your way.

The box were the cable goes have you just left the open or blanked it somehow mate?
Start the car up, cycle through the driving modes into dynamic. If it’s already in dynamic then cycle through them until you get back to dynamic. You should be able to hear the valves opening.

With the engine running go to the rear and unplug both valves. I got a food bag and placed it around both plugs and cable tied them. Doesn’t bother me if they don’t work tbh, on my last S3 I just left them from the day I collected it and never covered them with anything.

you have to be in dynamic or individual for it to pop and bang, and the car has to be warm. Only happens in mind in 1st-2nd about 3-4000 revs.