Replica Wheels..??

tyrrelll

Lukey.T
Reaction score
general rule with replicas

Dont go for any that have polished lips or diamond cut faces, they will soon deteriorate into a mess

Try to avoid cheapo chinese, got for Italian ones instead if possible

BBS LM reps look good but the lips on them are very weak, hit a pot hole and they will bend. They also lose the laquer on the rim edges and rust around the bolts. One of the worst reps out there IMO.

If you go for reps, try and get something one piece and fully painted.

Also it doenst matter how much you cat justify 1000 quid for real ones, they dont actually make them to fit the A3 so if you do see an A3 with them on, they are 100% reps

agree with lee on this ive got reps on mine ive had them on for 3 and a half years without any issues i only repainted them because i kerbed them myself , still strait and true as the day i bought them

There are loads of reps about, i have full appreciation for genuine wheels but the price difference is key on this, i would much rather buy a set of replicas and keep my oem wheels, Than to fork out on 4 figure sums for genuine wheels.

Sure used wheels can be bought but replicas will still be slightly cheaper, Its also a nightmare finding genuine ones.

I went to ED38 last year and saw loads of replicas and genuines on different cars, It was quite impossible to tell which are which because the replicas are so good. Obviously if you go up close and start examining the wheel carefully you can tell.

reps used to be very bad but i think now there is so much competion they have upped there game so the quality is alot better than a few years ago as the rep market is huge nowadays