Replica VS OEM rims

echo_mike

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Recently I had new tyres fitted at the Audi dealership and during the process they damaged one of my rims with tyre mounting. As these are diamond cut (5-arm rotor design) I refused any kind of repair; they agreed to replace the rim with the new one.

As the OEM are far more expensive than replicas, I wanna make sure they don't try to trick me with some replicas; what is the best way to tell OEM from replicas? (These are 18"x8J 5-arm black rotors).

Is there any way to tell the difference between OEM and replica 18" rotors?

Thanks for your input. Cheers :)

Hi Guys,

Recently I had new tyres fitted at the Audi dealership and during the process they damaged one of my rims with tyre mounting. As these are diamond cut (5-arm rotor design) I refused any kind of repair; they agreed to replace the rim with the new one.

As the OEM are far more expensive than replicas, I wanna make sure they don't try to trick me with some replicas; what is the best way to tell OEM from replicas? (These are 18"x8J 5-arm black rotors).

An Audi dealership won’t try getting away with a replica, the wheel will cost them next to nothing anyway.

Oem wheels always have the Audi part code in the cast on the spokes inside. Usually replicas do not have that.
Also in replicas the et number is stamped not in cast itself.

Reactions: Flying Scotsman
Hi Guys,

Below is a really clear picture of my front Audi 19" wheel.
Look to the Left on the wheel and you will see, Audi Sport

Terry

When you bring your car back for the replacement Audi wheel, inspect it prior to mounting as @makelja suggests. The dealer would be very silly to try to replace with a replica.

Thanks guys, I appreciate :)

I'm just a little wary to all the dodgy things dealerships do, I've been in the industry before (not Audi though) and seen so many unethical things...

Reactions: Fatbloke
No Audi dealership would put a replica aftermarket alloy on there cars.
Could you imagine the flack they would be in for if this ever got out especially on social media.
Dealers will only use genuine parts.

Reactions: wab172uk
No Audi dealership would put a replica aftermarket alloy on there cars.
Could you imagine the flack they would be in for if this ever got out especially on social media.
Dealers will only use genuine parts.

^^^^ This

And can you imagine what Audi would say?

Reactions: DW81