Replica B6 S4 wheels?

Use scoTTy had a set for sale a week or two ago, advertised in the B7 section IIRC. Fire him a PM :cool:

Thanks for the referral. PM's exchanged ;)

p.s. Mine are OEM and not replicas. If you want replicas then I've also got some RS6 style wheels :salute:

keep an eye out on the A3 forums... I got some from a S3 driver who'd bought an OEM set in error (didn't realise that the A4 and A3 had different PCD's)...

hmmmm... added 2007.... interested to see what other people are paying for those though!

Last edited:
They were on my short-list and a set of 5 just cropped up at a good price...

B7 RS4's are very nice, but really overdone and too many reps out there.
New RS6's are also nice, but again - lots of reps :(
BBS RX2's / similar (see Filthy Rich's) were also on the list, but I was after the OEM look...

just grabbed some pics of mine (only went on the car y'day!):

Looks spot on mate. Is your look complete now or do you have anything else up your sleeve?

Thanks Marc - I'm pretty much done on the exterior now... it was always going to be a fairly discreet sporty OEM-look that I was after, only things "missing" if i'm taking my cue's from other S-Line / S / RS / R-cars are the chrome mirrors, which I'm not THAT keen on and would be a waste on a silver car and I guess the S-Line door trims, which are vaguely on the cards, but will be an opportunistic purchase rather than planned (e.g ready-painted silver ones going cheap on eBay ;)) - I'm not spending £300 + painting and fitting on that sort of thing...

Interior(as per my sig): is still in progress, but now at a very leisurely pace... I'm on the look-out for a colour DIS (TDI), which is VERY rare since B7's and S4's donor cars are out of the equation :( and £500+fitting for the new parts is just too steep... and I'm saving up for the full Freeview and something like an iPod video line-in, next March, if not before :)

I might give the clear tail-lights another spin (now that I have the S-Line kit on the car), but they just never looked like they belonged...

Last edited:
I might give the clear tail-lights another spin (now that I have the S-Line kit on the car), but they just never looked like they belonged...

Worth a try with the S-Line kit added though for sure. You said they were an easy swap, so why not take some pics of both and do another poll :)

very easy swap... 5mins for both sides with my little computer electric screw-driver (electric and fast, but not torquey enough to cross-thread / damage anything) - was just gonna get the car clean first!

h aha ahahaha

actually not drunk (for once).... which normally means that I'm not proof reading everything after hitting submit (normally with a hand over one eye ;) )....

I'm pretty much done on the exterior now...
RS4 RARB for handling - you won't look back. :icon_thumright:

if i'm taking my cue's from other S-Line / S / RS / R-cars are the chrome mirrors
James did a rather cracking guide to doing these yourself, but I agreee, they'll probably get a little lost on a silver car.

the S-Line door trims, which are vaguely on the cards
You mean the sill protectors? They are pretty pricey TBH.

Interior(as per my sig): is still in progress, but now at a very leisurely pace... I'm on the look-out for a colour DIS (TDI), which is VERY rare since B7's and S4's donor cars are out of the equation :( and £500+fitting for the new parts is just too steep... and I'm saving up for the full Freeview and something like an iPod video line-in, next March, if not before :)

****** hell mate, what you doing living in the car? lol

As James said get some pics up. Personally I think your standard ones are nicer. Maybe even a very light tint would suit the silver?!

maybe the light tint - the pics of the car - pre S-Line kit are the Hella ones with silver rather than red indicatior surrounds, but looked too silver IMO.

RS4 RARB is on the cards too (had forgotten about that) only £75, but just need the time to fit it...

RE the TV: just plenty of time sitting around in traffic / waiting for the missus... so something like that would be nice :)

Hey guys thanks for the help and pointers!! as Scotty said we're in contact so hopefully we can strike a deal!
Lostbok i agree, the s line's on Filthy Rich's as superb, they are top of my list.... well would be if 19"s and coilovers were not a sure fire way of ensuring my 5 month old son never sleeps in the car again!!!

Last edited:
they look like b5 s4 wheels like mine on that ebay ad to me not b6 ones i could just be stoned...i want some too

Hey thanks Lostbok, those D2 S8 wheels are so nearly the same but i don't think the thinner spokes don't look quite as good as the B6 S4's, super picky i know. As S4marsh said they have more a B5 look to them!!

no worries... jsut figured that they did look a LOT like mine:
Avus18004.jpg

Car-Audi

I just figured it was the higher profile tyres on those that were making them look different....

I just figured it was the higher profile tyres on those that were making them look different....

I think you're right, the design of the wheel is the same surely?

£600 for 5 with new tyres isn't a bad price tbh.

just a shame they're the wrong size tyres.... the 4 main tyres are Hankook Ventus V12's, so about £500 (new) in S4 spec - pretty sure at LEAST the same price in S8 spec?

Is 245 deffo too wide on an A4 then?

The offset wasnt listed was it?

they're 18" and 45 profile (plus the 245width), so too big, yep!

245 with 40 profile would probably just about okay....

oppps... i never actually realised that Hankook were a 'premium' tyre brand, i had thought they were more of a 'ditchfinder', i practically gave some away a while back!!!

The D2 S8 wheels are a slightly earlier design, on the 8 from 2000-2002 i think and the main way to tell the difference is the outer part of the rim, the spokes don't go right to the edge unlike the B6 S4's. Very subtle i know!! but i think it makes the s4's look bigger?

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
s3tle - I stand corrected... yep - good pic to illustrate the point... spokes are very slightly thinner on the S8 wheels and the indents at the end of each spoke are deeper on my S4 wheels than those on the eBay ad...

Hankook are relatively unknown in the UK, but definitely not ditch-finders... I've got them on my 16's, albeit on 205 width that the previous owner cheap-skated with (should be 225mm wide)... but they're pretty reasonable, although I've not done THAT much drivign with them (only had 'em on for 3k before getting the 18's + T1-R's)...

Last edited:
Lostbok - Have you thought about some spacers to bring your back wheels out a bit or is it just the photo??

Juss - I know what you mean - the S4 wheels are already 10mm further out than the stock ones (and that can be seen), but I thought they would look further out than that...

after a major headache with spacers last time, I'm giving them a miss unless some absolutely land on my doorstep!

Yeah get what you saying.
Get some distant shots of your motor now its all completed!!
Lets have a good look...

just having a look at it this morning again and the offset defintley looks a but lower (further out) in theflesh than in that particular photo.

distance shots: driveway is a bit too narrow and it's not worth taking the car out for a photo-session when it's as filthy as it is right now..... Saturday / Sunday should be good for a clean and photo-shoot....

distance shots: driveway is a bit too narrow and it's not worth taking the car out for a photo-session when it's as filthy as it is right now..... Saturday / Sunday should be good for a clean and photo-shoot....

Lets hope the weather plays ball ;)

needs a proper photo session still (preferably after a better clean, T-cut, etc... and something better than my 1.8MP Nokia 6300 as the camera!), but this all you're getting for now :)

Offset could go 15mm wider, but that's S4 spec now:

just not such great parking, eh?

I was just driving back from my friends house and thought "******, not gonna have time to go home and get a camera and then go out to take pics, so might as well jsut grab some now when the car's been given a quick scrub".