Replacing Xenon Bulbs

ah_kiat

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anyone knows if need to remove bumper in order to replace the xenon bulbs ?

Regards.

Hi, I thought the xenon bulb was maintenance free but you should be able to change the indicator and turn light with the bumper in place as far as I'm aware.

Reactions: pburv
Am trying to change to other color temperature bulbs....

Ah gotcha - not even sure if there's an access panel at the back of the light I thought it was more of a sealed beam maintenance free affair - I'll try and find a picture.

Reactions: pburv
Ah gotcha - not even sure if there's an access panel at the back of the light I thought it was more of a sealed beam maintenance free affair - I'll try and find a picture.
Just had a look at mine.There is a round access cap on them but they are so tight to get at I think your simpler option is to take the bumper off...:friends:

Reactions: Rob2k68
Just had a look at mine.There is a round access cap on them but they are so tight to get at I think your simpler option is to take the bumper off...:friends:

Ah, in that case definitely bumper off - headlamp slides off from fixing 4 in a forward direction :-

8TyJq2gW

ju0HbBRR

Thanks rob ! That answered my query.....Not sure what the designer is thinking that we have to drop bumper to change bulbs....-.-

Reactions: Rob2k68
I know mate seems crazy to me too !!

8P was the same I believe.

Thanks rob ! That answered my query.....Not sure what the designer is thinking that we have to drop bumper to change bulbs....-.-

They are hoping that you don't have to change the bulbs.

One of my bulbs headlight has gone (passenger side), annoyingly, or rather thats what the car says has gone so I hope its that and not something else. Anyway, I was looking at youtubes on how to change the bulb and one of them said take the wheel arch liner out and then the access hole is right there (as per video) rather than removing the bumper / headlight. That was on the drivers side though where there isnt a fusebox potentially in the way. So what is the best / easiest way...bumper and remove headlight, or remove the wheel arch liner?

I did mine (pre facelift) by removing the wheel arch liner. You can get to the circular cap on the back of the headlight.
the clips on the Xenon bulb are a bit of a pain, especially reinstalling the new bulb.

Might be an idea to take it to Audi (or reputable independent garage) and asking them to do it for you. To me the cost would be worth it - no hassle and if they break anything then they have to put it right.