Replacing stock speakers with the BOSE sound system

GregerseN

GOT TURBO?
Reaction score
Hello guys,
So, I have a question for you

Am I able to replace the stock speakers (crappy ones) that I have in my A3 8L with the BOSE Sound system?
Found this, in a whole kit, that im interrested in buying:
- Bose sub
- Bose speakers
- Amplifier

All original parts.. Seems to be great quality (not broken or worn)

Is this a plug and play replacement in my A3 or would I need anything?
I have an Alpine headunit, Alpine idax305s
Car is from 10/2000 and is a 2001 model, so it's a facelift original. 5 door.

I wouldn't bother... the Bose setup in the 8L is rubbish... fit aftermarket speakers and amps instead

<tuffty/>

Reactions: IPG
I wouldn't bother... the Bose setup in the 8L is rubbish... fit aftermarket speakers and amps instead

<tuffty/>
Atleast I believe it's much much better than what is in the car already...
I do have two sets of 6,5" Alpine Type R speakers, but can't manage to get a hold of speaker spacers and cant be bothered making them myself..
Also, I don't want to cut in the wiring or have to pull cables.. Just wanted to plug and play

if you are willing to go through the effort of wiring in Bose you might as well wire in a system better than the Bose
why? This is the way i picture it going...

Bose
- front door cards off (and i'm guessing you may have to replace the wiring anyway - might be different plugs to stock A3)
- rear door cards off (+ wiring?)
- all boot plastic trim off
- to install amp
- to install Bose sub + associated wiring​
- i believe you will need to code through VCDS the correct values so it knows it's Bose and doesn't sound even worse than what it should sound
- maybe you will need a compatible head unit
- meaning you will also need it's PIN​

Aftermarket
- door cards off + wiring
- rear door cards off + wiring
- run your wiring into the boot (no need to remove the plastic boot trim unless going for a super stealth install)
- amp(s) and subwoofer in boot + wiring​
- better functionality with aftermarket HU
- no PIN or coding required

Should say that Bose is essentially an equalisation setup rather than anything else... its setup how Bose want you to listen to it and the tone controls have very little influence over output... most people with Bose setups cut the Bose wire on the back of the headunit to remove Bose equalisation and get tone control back...

Only 'advantage' (a very small advantage) is Bose systems tend to be fully amped (front/rear/sub) but there are also half amped system where the fronts run off the headunit power..

Personally amount of effort to retro fit vs appreciable gain in quality will be negligible...

<tuffty/>

Reactions: IPG