1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacing RNS-E........ Options & Views

davemark Jul 2, 2018

1. davemark

davemark Member

Hey All

I currently have a A3 - 8P with the Full RNS-E with AMI etc

Now while i love the integration this has with the car and of course its as OEM you can get as it is OEM lol it just lacks on the following two points.

1. Spotify, i have tried so many adaptors , the Tune2Air came close to being ok but just lacked... sometimes not connecting or resuming etc may be better however if i moved to Apple Music (possible option)
    2. Sat Nav , the maps are out of date (can be upgraded with latest disc i know) how ever my main issue is the amount of time it takes to program in with the wheel .. i just feel like i want to touch the screen!! . for this reason i never use the satnav on board and always use my iPhone.

I like the sound of the new Alpine unit (Wireless CarPlay) (Alpine iLX-107) but i cant seem to find it in the UK..

So my questions are
    1. Is the Alpine iLX-107 the only Wireless CarPlay device ? is there any others can this be sourced in the UK
    2. Views on moving away from the RNS-E ? shame i cant convert to touch screen ha ha !
    3. I have been reading that as i have the Bose system aftermarket units can cause issues and interference
    Any one had experience with adding CarPlay to the 8P ?

Thanks

Dave

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. leonwilliams

leonwilliams Active Member

The newer versions of android all come plug and play mate. Yes there was issues regarding bose systems all seems to be ironed out now. I have android works perfect. I even have a job 12" sub hooked up to mines and still running existing sub in boot.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. davemark

davemark Member

What android unit do you have :) ?

5. leonwilliams

leonwilliams Active Member

I've got pumpkin had it nearly a year now.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk