Replacing rear side and back glass with privacy

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've had my second-hand S1 for a few weeks now, and the previous owner had the windows tinted - I like the look but not the visible edges.

So, can I get the privacy glass and have it changed over? Does anyone know how much this might be?

Thanks

Clear edges? - As in the tint film isn't to the edge of the inner window?

I think the cheapest and best bet would be to just get them re-installed but with someone who can do a much better job, as there is far too many cowboys around. When i've got it done on my previous cars, the installer was so good, he literally left the tiniest/smoothest (0.3/4mm) gap from the window and looked factory and they came with a 'lifetime guarantee'. Cost around £100 for all windows.

As for pricing on the windows, I couldn't tell you but I can imagine it's probably not worth it in comparison to the price of a good tint installation.

Reactions: DTYME83
Clear edges? - As in the tint film isn't to the edge of the inner window?

I think the cheapest and best bet would be to just get them re-installed but with someone who can do a much better job, as there is far too many cowboys around. When i've got it done on my previous cars, the installer was so good, he literally left the tiniest/smoothest (0.3/4mm) gap from the window and looked factory and they came with a 'lifetime guarantee'. Cost around £100 for all windows.

As for pricing on the windows, I couldn't tell you but I can imagine it's probably not worth it in comparison to the price of a good tint installation.
Thanks very much - who have you used in the past?

Reactions: d_xniel
No problem.

I just used a local guy in Leicester but he was great! Where about's are you based?

Best thing to do is google 'window tint' following by your location and go physically see how good they are. I'm pretty sure they'd be half way through a car when you go, and could show you an example of their skills if they're good enough.

No problem.

I just used a local guy in Leicester but he was great! Where about's are you based?

Best thing to do is google 'window tint' following by your location and go physically see how good they are. I'm pretty sure they'd be half way through a car when you go, and could show you an example of their skills if they're good enough.
Thanks for the advice - I'm going to do just that - I'm Brighton-based so bit of a trek from your guy!

Reactions: d_xniel
I am a glass fitter for carglasswindscreens.co.uk if you are interested in the back end being changed over call us . We can swap them over glass will be a little pricey but as looks goes much better than aftermarket tinting.....

Attachments

• 1488201076743.jpg
    1488201076743.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 154
I am a glass fitter for carglasswindscreens.co.uk if you are interested in the back end being changed over call us . We can swap them over glass will be a little pricey but as looks goes much better than aftermarket tinting.....

Out of interest What sort of figure, would a glass change be?

Cheers

Chris

No remove all glass and change to privacy. Proper tinted glass not after market film .I'm awaiting for Roy on the car side to give me a price is your s1 a three door or sportback ....

No remove all glass and change to privacy. Proper tinted glass not after market film .I'm awaiting for Roy on the car side to give me a price is your s1 a three door or sportback ....
Hi, I did email you but not sure if you got it. Mine is a three door