Replacing front indicator bulbs

MrG A4

Reaction score
I need to replace the front nearside indicator bulb of my A4 (51plate), it doesn't seems as simple as with most cars. I'm guessing you need to slide out the headlight unit (or whatever it is called). I've worked out that the two screws at the top that need to come out, but there is something holding it in place at the bottom - any advice?

:confused:

if you look down between the gaps behind the headlight unit, theres another 2 more screws underneath , dont take it right off just loosen it then you be able to remove the headlight

Taking the lights out is pretty easy really. You just need to have a long enough Torx driver to get the lower screws loose. This guide should help:
A4_headlamp_001.jpg

A4_headlamp2_001.jpg

A4_headlamp3_001.jpg

A4_headlamp4_001.jpg

James - do you get some commission/royalties every time you put those headlight removal diagrams in a post?!? :whistle2: Only joking mate - if it wasn't for guys like you lots of people would struggle with what should be a simple job like changing bulbs! By the way (to hijack this thread a tadge) what would LED sidelight bulbs look like with standard main bulbs - cack or no? :think:

James - do you get some commission/royalties every time you put those headlight removal diagrams in a post?!? :whistle2:

Lol it's the only useful diagram I have and I like to get my moneys worth out of it! :ninja:

Dunno if it would look cack, but not sure it would look great, while you are fitting the LED's you might just as well fit some HID's ...... :undwech: