Replacing Front Audi Emblem on 2021 S3 Vorsprung

Mastachaz

205 its good price for.gwnuine

yeah ive seen the genuine ones, bit steep for just a badge, i was hoping there was an alternative, yes i mean the front badge thats why i mentioned trying to pop the badge out from behind the grill, im hoping someone has already done this,

Mastachaz

i got 8v black badge wich is cheaper then 8y and will have tomorrow grill to test it

Mastachaz

just to confirm yes wont fit as 8V its much bigger

977AE8B5-0F47-41C2-A69F-44FBB6323266.jpeg

Looks nice from a distance but it was a pain to get the old one off, damaged the right part of the grill I ended up pulling it apart to get it off, also the black badge I got off ebay had 2 extra tabs on the inside part of the badge with nowhere to go so had to snap them off, but the fit is good, good luck if you want to get the old badge off without damaging either badge or grill.

Mastachaz

Im sure there is no way of not damaging chrome.badge

iang27

So do the clips not just push down from the back like most of that type do ?
Sounds a right pain to do when mine arrives.
Is the rear badge 192mm x 68mm ?

yes they push in from the front and push through to the back and clip in, the badge is very soild'ly clipped in, i broke the old badge up to get it off, any kind of leverage to get the badge off would of definitly bent out the grill surround, as for the back i ordered mine from ultimate customs, https://www.ultimatecustomsuk.com/products/audi-rear-black-badges?_pos=2&_sid=87f9863f5&_ss=r, to be honest because its stuck on you can use any size badge i guess, i'd prefer a smaller badge if i had of thought about it earlier, lots of sticky to get off, and yes the badge is 1922 x 68.

Mastachaz

yes they push in from the front and push through to the back and clip in, the badge is very soild'ly clipped in, i broke the old badge up to get it off, any kind of leverage to get the badge off would of definitly bent out the grill surround, as for the back i ordered mine from ultimate customs, https://www.ultimatecustomsuk.com/products/audi-rear-black-badges?_pos=2&_sid=87f9863f5&_ss=r, to be honest because its stuck on you can use any size badge i guess, i'd prefer a smaller badge if i had of thought about it earlier, lots of sticky to get off, and yes the badge is 1922 x 68.
They wont fit rear boot its curved not flat like 8v

iang27

Did you get the flat 192mm one, not the curved one, for the rear ?

Mastachaz

O got both 8v and 8y

And.8v its flat and 8y curved , for.sportback off course